Need MSc Help (pharma + life sciences)

Watch
hello654321
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello,

I am a bit lost on what MSc to do as I am actually quite conflicted on what I enjoy and what I don't. Currently, I am doing a biomedical sciences degree. One of my main goals is to work at a pharmaceutical company, such as GSK or AZ, and help to develop treatments using my scientific knowledge of human physiology, and my laboratory skills, I would love to use machinery and multiple techniques to help discover new treatments and ideas.

I am researching many masters degrees, mainly in London. I am confused as to what which degrees would suit me best. I am leaning more towards drug development degrees as I have read what modules are included and they have seemed to spark my interest. For example, I can make use of proteins for therapies, and use computer modelling. On the other hand, there are some degrees in chemical and biochemical engineering that use machinery and techniques I am intrigued by, however, the heavy maths has put me off slightly. Engineering degrees in those two disciplines however do look at how small scale lab items can be produced largely, but I may be going down the wrong path?

Maybe I am looking at the wrong MSc's altogether! I'd greatly appreciate any help. Please do advise me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads