Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I want to put Portsmouth uni as first choice for next year as I'm currently going into year 13. But i want to know how lenient the entry requirements are as i want to do radiography and i dont think thats a very high demand course . The entry requirements on the Portsmouth website said BBC grade in A levels to get in to the course .
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello!!

From mine and my friends’ personal experiences, as long as you are passionate about the course, Portsmouth are very lenient! At least 3 of my friends didn’t meet the entry requirements yet they still got a place at the university. I find at Portsmouth its more about who you are as a person, and therefore if you want to learn and go to university, within reason they are very accepting!!

Hope this helped!

Sophie - Official Student Rep
Nsndns
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes, yes it did thank you !
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to put Portsmouth uni as first choice for next year as I'm currently going into year 13. But i want to know how lenient the entry requirements are as i want to do radiography and i dont think thats a very high demand course . The entry requirements on the Portsmouth website said BBC grade in A levels to get in to the course .
Hi! Happy to hear you would like to come to Portsmouth uni next year. It would important for you to speak to the admissions team to gain some further information about the course. I study criminology and I remember my college helping me with extra qualifications to put in your personal statement, as this can really benefit your application and your course may offer an unconditional offer as a result. Such as NCS or an EPQ or anything else that you have an interest in outside studies, like charitable work will help. this is because your personal statement can make a big impression.
You can contact the general admissions centre for Portsmouth or call 02392845566.
I hope this helpful and feel free to ask for anything else.

Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads