The Student Room Group

Eu student feed 2021

its the middle of August and if i know it correctly its still not decided what fees EU students would have to pay next year. Only thing we know is its not home fee but when i tried to enquire abt it at diff unis they couldnt say we would have to pay the international fee for certain... shouldnt the uk government and Eu or idk who exactly make a decision abt this already..?

* Eu studen feeS
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by rasi637283
its the middle of August and if i know it correctly its still not decided what fees EU students would have to pay next year. Only thing we know is its not home fee but when i tried to enquire abt it at diff unis they couldnt say we would have to pay the international fee for certain... shouldnt the uk government and Eu or idk who exactly make a decision abt this already..?

* Eu studen feeS

We will no longer be in the EU, there will only be home fee and international fee. EU students who have not started by the end of 2020 will have no access to UK student finance. In nearly all cases I would suggest finding an EU country in which to do your education as at this stage any sort of trade agreement looks unlikely.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
We will no longer be in the EU, there will only be home fee and international fee. EU students who have not started by the end of 2020 will have no access to UK student finance. In nearly all cases I would suggest finding an EU country in which to do your education as at this stage any sort of trade agreement looks unlikely.

thanks you’re right but there might be a new fee category for EU students who knows
Original post by rasi637283
thanks you’re right but there might be a new fee category for EU students who knows

Possible if they negotiate it, but imo unlikely as they hate each other at the moment and they are stuck on the EU wanting joint control of the UKs territorial waters. It might be revived in future if they ever agree a deal. This years students are only being allowed in by accident as the UK was supposed to have left last year. Have a look at Ireland , nether lands or some of the scandinavian countries.
I think it changes on where you're studying - the devolved nations of the UK get to decide what to do with uni fees, the only catch being that they can't be treated as home students anymore. England will probably make fees very painful, but you might have better luck with Scotland as the Scottish Gov made it very clear that they want to keep the link with EU students. Here's hoping, anyways
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Possible if they negotiate it, but imo unlikely as they hate each other at the moment and they are stuck on the EU wanting joint control of the UKs territorial waters. It might be revived in future if they ever agree a deal. This years students are only being allowed in by accident as the UK was supposed to have left last year. Have a look at Ireland , nether lands or some of the scandinavian countries.

yea i know its not looking good rn but i can only hope.. thanks for the advice! much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending