Foundation year accommodation

Watch
username5369940
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey, I was wondering if it's worth living out for my foundation year - amid the pandemic. In my firm university choice, people have 18 hours per week for foundation year.

Also it will be hybrid learning, so just coming in for "most tutorials/seminars/workshops, lab-based, studio-based and simulation-based sessions". I live 20mins from the uni (Surrey), but my parents are willing to let my live in uni accommodation. Thank you!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by razah4)
Hey, I was wondering if it's worth living out for my foundation year - amid the pandemic. In my firm university choice, people have 18 hours per week for foundation year.

Also it will be hybrid learning, so just coming in for "most tutorials/seminars/workshops, lab-based, studio-based and simulation-based sessions". I live 20mins from the uni (Surrey), but my parents are willing to let my live in uni accommodation. Thank you!
You usually only get one guaranteed year. I think in your situation I would live at home for FY and then consider halls for year 1 where you can make friend with freshers.
username5369940
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
[quote=999tigger;90330798]You usually only get one guaranteed year. I think in your situation I would live at home for FY and then consider halls for year 1 where you can make friend with freshers.

Oh ok thank you
UELStudentRep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It's totally up to you but personally what I would do if I lived that close to uni is stay at home for the foundation year and hopefully next year things get a little more back to normal so you can enjoy living in halls without all of the restrictions they are having this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (41)
18.3%
No one else does (73)
32.59%
I'm embarrassed about my background (22)
9.82%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (76)
33.93%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.34%
I don't have a camera (4)
1.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed