student_555
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am in 10th-grade right now and I have chosen additional mathematics/ hl mathematics since 9th. But my marks have only been ranging between D-Us when it comes to summative. I don't have a deep interest in maths and I only took hl maths to test my capabilities. I cannot risk getting another bad grade. My question is if I end up dropping hl maths will it impact my future, like when I apply to a university??
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by student_555)
I am in 10th-grade right now and I have chosen additional mathematics/ hl mathematics since 9th. But my marks have only been ranging between D-Us when it comes to summative. I don't have a deep interest in maths and I only took hl maths to test my capabilities. I cannot risk getting another bad grade. My question is if I end up dropping hl maths will it impact my future, like when I apply to a university??
Is this England and are we talking GCSE or A level or other? Is this Scotland?
student_555
Rep:
?
Are you asking about university or the school I am going to ?
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you asking about university or the school I am going to ?
I think it just wasn't clear which education system you were studying under. You said "10th grade" when most people say "Year 10" and you referred to hl maths which sounds like the Scottish qualification system.
student_555
Rep:
?
(Original post by davros)
I think it just wasn't clear which education system you were studying under. You said "10th grade" when most people say "Year 10" and you referred to hl maths which sounds like the Scottish qualification system.
well I am in year 10, IGCSE and plan to do IBDP in year 11 and 12....
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
well I am in year 10, IGCSE and plan to do IBDP in year 11 and 12....
Oh right.

I'm not familiar with the structure of the IB I'm afraid so maybe someone else will be along to help you

Also if you're planning to apply to a UK university it may be worth posting the question in the TSR subforum for that university to check what the exact requirements are.
student_555
Rep:
?
(Original post by davros)
Oh right.

I'm not familiar with the structure of the IB I'm afraid so maybe someone else will be along to help you

Also if you're planning to apply to a UK university it may be worth posting the question in the TSR subforum for that university to check what the exact requirements are.
ok thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.83%
No (179)
78.17%

Watched Threads