2schoolforcool
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Is there a definitive list of vocab for A-level Spanish? Or at least a minimum core set of vocab, like at GCSE? If not, how would I go about learning enough vocab to get an A* in the exam?
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 2schoolforcool)
Is there a definitive list of vocab for A-level Spanish? Or at least a minimum core set of vocab, like at GCSE? If not, how would I go about learning enough vocab to get an A* in the exam?
Which board would you be taking?
2schoolforcool
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
Which board would you be taking?
Ah sorry - thought I said that! Edexcel
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The best thing to do is have a look at the specification - it will tell you either what you need to know or roughly topics that you need to know the vocab for
2schoolforcool
Rep:
?
(Original post by Becca216)
The best thing to do is have a look at the specification - it will tell you either what you need to know or roughly topics that you need to know the vocab for
Ah okay, thank you! Do you have a rough idea of how many words you would need to learn for each topic?
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Ah okay, thank you! Do you have a rough idea of how many words you would need to learn for each topic?
I don’t do a mfl, so I have no idea, sorry. The best person to contact is your teacher who will be able to give better guidance
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Ah sorry - thought I said that! Edexcel
There is some useful info in the Specification document.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...nish-2016.html

I have A Levels in German and French and GCSE in Spanish.
2schoolforcool
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
There is some useful info in the Specification document.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...nish-2016.html

I have A Levels in German and French and GCSE in Spanish.
Sorry to be annoying but where? I can’t find anything about the amount of vocab students will be expected to know. Sorry ahahah
thegalaxy
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I don’t think there is a definitive list like there is at GCSE. I did A level French and my teacher recommended the book mot à mot, I just looked the equivalent Spanish one would be ‘palabra poor palabra’but that’s for AQA, don’t know how useful that would be for you

ETA- found a edexcel one, have a look
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Palabra-por.../dp/1510434836
Last edited by thegalaxy; 3 months ago
2schoolforcool
Rep:
?
(Original post by thegalaxy)
I don’t think there is a definitive list like there is at GCSE. I did A level French and my teacher recommended the book mot à mot, I just looked the equivalent Spanish one would be ‘palabra poor palabra’but that’s for AQA, don’t know how useful that would be for you

ETA- found a edexcel one, have a look
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Palabra-por.../dp/1510434836
Ah this is brilliant thank you!
MyLanguageLab
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hola,

The same vocab list doesn't exist for A level Spanish I'm afraid but I would look at the 'glosarios' in the Edexcel textbook (it's likely you'll be studying it) and you'll see the list there. This isn't an exhaustive list as you'll be picking up more words from articles, reading comprehensions, teacher handouts/booklets and other interactive resources!

Buena suerte
fijitastic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I know for AQA there isn't a list but for each topic there's lots of quizlets covering most of the vocab required for that topic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (727)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (921)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (408)
18.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.42%

Watched Threads