The Student Room Group

Not being funny but freshers flu is going to be a big problem this year...

Who knows what will really happen, but you have people from all over the country/globe coming to one place all excited to meet each other, Covid could very, very easily just take down entire campuses and cities.

Just a thought... not trying to fear monger
Original post by ditnu1
Who knows what will really happen, but you have people from all over the country/globe coming to one place all excited to meet each other, Covid could very, very easily just take down entire campuses and cities.

Just a thought... not trying to fear monger

That's why there's going to be a lot of remote teaching so if students decide to mix in big groups then it was on their choice not because they were meeting in lectures.
That’s why most freshers weeks have been cancelled. Even with unis that are doing face to face work, people will be forced to stay in bubbles and mingle a lot less. There will be no official freshers but I can see certain people ignoring the rules and partying and then Covid the next day. Don’t think flu is a our biggest concern this year. Freshers flu? More like freshers Covid-19
If anything freshers flu is going to be much less of a problem than usual. With most people social distancing and wearing masks there is going to be much lower transmission of all diseases so people will get less sick than usual.
Original post by chrismanning0711
If anything freshers flu is going to be much less of a problem than usual. With most people social distancing and wearing masks there is going to be much lower transmission of all diseases so people will get less sick than usual.

Hello - I am from the future and you were wrong.
i mean freshers flu isn't just because you meet people - it's strengthened by the lack of sleep and mass intake of alcohol and poor lifestyle for a week (because your immune is weakened).

freshers flu does exist, i guess it just a biproduct of starting uni. people will be safer in containing it this year hopefully anyways given all the restrictions and guidelines. :yep:

Quick Reply