Not being funny but freshers flu is going to be a big problem this year...

Watch
ditnu1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Who knows what will really happen, but you have people from all over the country/globe coming to one place all excited to meet each other, Covid could very, very easily just take down entire campuses and cities.

Just a thought... not trying to fear monger
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ditnu1)
Who knows what will really happen, but you have people from all over the country/globe coming to one place all excited to meet each other, Covid could very, very easily just take down entire campuses and cities.

Just a thought... not trying to fear monger
That's why there's going to be a lot of remote teaching so if students decide to mix in big groups then it was on their choice not because they were meeting in lectures.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
That’s why most freshers weeks have been cancelled. Even with unis that are doing face to face work, people will be forced to stay in bubbles and mingle a lot less. There will be no official freshers but I can see certain people ignoring the rules and partying and then Covid the next day. Don’t think flu is a our biggest concern this year. Freshers flu? More like freshers Covid-19
chrismanning0711
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If anything freshers flu is going to be much less of a problem than usual. With most people social distancing and wearing masks there is going to be much lower transmission of all diseases so people will get less sick than usual.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (43)
13.31%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
14.24%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (117)
36.22%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (32)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (67)
20.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.57%

Watched Threads