The Student Room Group

which unis might accept my unmoderated results?

I am doing an online access course and was originally aiming for June 2020 moderation. I wanted to go to university this September but was told I would not be getting my moderated results until November time due to the fact that I only had a certain amount of credit by a specific date. This is a self-paced course and these rules were put in place due to the corona virus. I was really annoyed considering I still had 2 months to complete my course.

In light of these news, I decided to not pursue my studies with them. I now have 2 assignments left at 6 credits each. I could complete them but it wouldn't matter as I still wouldn't be getting my moderated results until November. I don't want to settle for those grades if I know I'm not going to university until next year and could have done better.

Now the online school I studied with have offered to give me a completion letter with all my grades achieved if I do complete the other two assignments. They claim some universities might accept the unmoderated results. I was wondering if anyone has been through this or knows any universities which may accept a letter of completion whilst waiting for the official moderated diploma in November.

I'm interested in studying a healthcare course.

Thank you
Original post by el.iah
I am doing an online access course and was originally aiming for June 2020 moderation. I wanted to go to university this September but was told I would not be getting my moderated results until November time due to the fact that I only had a certain amount of credit by a specific date. This is a self-paced course and these rules were put in place due to the corona virus. I was really annoyed considering I still had 2 months to complete my course.

In light of these news, I decided to not pursue my studies with them. I now have 2 assignments left at 6 credits each. I could complete them but it wouldn't matter as I still wouldn't be getting my moderated results until November. I don't want to settle for those grades if I know I'm not going to university until next year and could have done better.

Now the online school I studied with have offered to give me a completion letter with all my grades achieved if I do complete the other two assignments. They claim some universities might accept the unmoderated results. I was wondering if anyone has been through this or knows any universities which may accept a letter of completion whilst waiting for the official moderated diploma in November.

Thank you

If they haven't been made official by who has accredited the course then I wouldn't be too hopeful as you don't have the qualification officially before the september deadline
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
If they haven't been made official by who has accredited the course then I wouldn't be too hopeful as you don't have the qualification officially before the september deadline

Yes that's what I was thinking

I didn't bother calling universities because I really don't think anybody would even consider that
Original post by el.iah
Yes that's what I was thinking

I didn't bother calling universities because I really don't think anybody would even consider that

You've gotten very close to finishing, I'd finish it and then apply for 2021 with already having your grades you'd be in a great position.
Reply 4
Original post by el.iah
Thank you

Hi! I am in this same exact position, I am supposed to moderate in June but haven’t come close to finishing because of limited time. The uni I initially wanted to go to to study primary teaching, got an offer there and everything have said they do not accept unmoderated marks and are now asking whether I’d like to be deferred to 2025 which I of course do not want to wait till that long. I have asked my other uni options if they’d be considering it, even primary teaching courses without QTS, so I’m now just in hopes at least one of them accept. Another option my tutor gave me was clearing
Did anyone end up accepting you with unmoderated marks or did you study the following year? Please let me know as I’m quite stressed about this!

Thank you 😊

Latest

Trending

Trending