Do you still think the Government will do a u-turn for A-Levels and GCSEs?

Watch
HolaNeinoa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Do you think the government possibly may take the same actions as Scotland. The mock grade appeal doesn’t seem to satisfy many as there are many questions surrounding it. Surely teachers gave students the same grade as their mock results or if not higher, so they might as well just do what Scotland has done. It’s also unfair since that Scottish students have a higher chance in getting a place at uni compared to English students.
Last edited by HolaNeinoa; 9 months ago
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I think it might depend on how this actually works out for students. I suppose that is we see the same outcry even with this ‘safety net’ of mock grades, then the government might have to do a U-turn in the same way. A big problem with using mocks is that some schools don’t do mocks, or don’t give a grade with mocks, or do mocks in March which got cancelled before being done or marked etc
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by HolaNeinoa)
Do you think the government possibly may take the same actions as Scotland. The mock grade appeal doesn’t seem to satisfy many as there are many questions surrounding it. Surely teachers gave students the same grade as their mock results or if not higher, so they might as well just do what Scotland has done. It’s also unfair since that Scottish students have a higher chance in getting a place at uni compared to English students.
I think it's very unlikely they would at this point, I'm very cynical but since a lot is going wrong in England at the moment I think the agreeing to a mock grade being considered if you appeal was just to try and placate students rather than because they cared.
HolaNeinoa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
I think it's very unlikely they would at this point, I'm very cynical but since a lot is going wrong in England at the moment I think the agreeing to a mock grade being considered if you appeal was just to try and placate students rather than because they cared.
Many people are still unhappy with this new ‘mock results appeal’ route however and many questions are still left unanswered. I feel like tomorrow will tell another story, when people get their results. Also the fact they’re allowing to appeal through mock results makes me believe that they know the results are going to bad. If they really believed in their system they would’ve waited till tomorrow to see what happens.
Last edited by HolaNeinoa; 9 months ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by HolaNeinoa)
Many people are still unhappy with this new ‘mock results appeal’ route however and many questions are still left unanswered. I feel like tomorrow will tell another story, when people get their results. Also the fact they’re allowing to appeal through mock results makes me believe that they know the results are going to bad. If they really believed in their system they would’ve waited till tomorrow to see what happens.
I think the issue is that not all students will be able to afford appeals and most schools won't have the money to help individual students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads