I got caught by the bus inspector.... help

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay so I’ve never had an criminal offences, always have been a good child . However I am 18 and I did but a child ticket. The inspector guy asked me about it and I told him I’m 16 and gave my sisters birthday, then he took me outside because the child ticket was not valid for the area I was in and I got fined, he gave me a slip of paper and said when I have the money to call them and give them the reference number and pay that way. I don’t mind paying, I deserved it really, but will I get a criminal offences? Will it go on my record?? Pls help I’m so stressed.
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No it wont go on your criminal record. Just pay the fine and think more carefully about consequences in future.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by L-K)
No it wont go on your criminal record. Just pay the fine and think more carefully about consequences in future.
Of course yes, would they check if all the details are correct when I call to pay for the fine? What if they find out I gave the wrong birthdate? Would that get me into trouble for lying?
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Of course yes, would they check if all the details are correct when I call to pay for the fine? What if they find out I gave the wrong birthdate? Would that get me into trouble for lying?
I honest don't know, I expect they will just want you to pay the fine and that will be it.
If they question further you can just tell the truth and explain that you made a mistake and then panicked when questioned about it. People are generally quite understanding if you are honest with them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by L-K)
I honest don't know, I expect they will just want you to pay the fine and that will be it.
If they question further you can just tell the truth and explain that you made a mistake and then panicked when questioned about it. People are generally quite understanding if you are honest with them.
Okay that’s great, thank you for your help!!
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
dw just be honest

i doubt they'll remember the birthdate u gave
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
dw just be honest

i doubt they'll remember the birthdate u gave
That’s not true. The reference number is provided for a reason and unique to each individual so it has all the information on there. It’s not the matter of remembering but the matter of being factual when questioned.

Please don’t reply if you have no experience in this department.
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay so I’ve never had an criminal offences, always have been a good child . However I am 18 and I did but a child ticket. The inspector guy asked me about it and I told him I’m 16 and gave my sisters birthday, then he took me outside because the child ticket was not valid for the area I was in and I got fined, he gave me a slip of paper and said when I have the money to call them and give them the reference number and pay that way. I don’t mind paying, I deserved it really, but will I get a criminal offences? Will it go on my record?? Pls help I’m so stressed.
OP you’re very lucky you got off with a fine. You might not get a criminal offence however please don’t be so careless. Also please don’t lie your way out of trouble it doesn’t get you anywhere and on top of that you dropped your sister into it to get you out of your mess.

If you’re intentionally going to do things that will get you into trouble, prepare for the consequences.
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Penalty fares are a civil debt, not a fine, and a person whose penalty fare is paid is not considered to have committed a criminal offence. Penalty fares are used to discourage casual fare evasion (A crime).
Clubcard
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Somebody I used to know ended up in court because they used somebody else's Oyster card. You got lucky. Pay the fine and it should all be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (11)
30.56%
Less motivated (25)
69.44%

Watched Threads