Would taking the autumn exams mean I don't go to university this year

Watch
The New Rebel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
If I decide to sit the autumn exams ,and I already have a unconditional offer , do I give that up ?
Chocolatte148
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey, it depends on the university if you are not happy with your grades and want to resit in autumn you can. Most unis want a September 2020 start even if you are sitting the exams so you would start like normal and do the exams when it come to it. If your university does say you have to take a gap year in order to sit the autumn exams you can probably defer your entry till next year so that your unconditional offer remains. Hope this helps
Erdsa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
you would have to speak to the university about it, because each uni has different rules
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Why retake exams when you have an unconditional offer. You are in university it is pointless. You could sit autumn exams but have to do whilst at university so you would need to go home and sit at your school or college but it really is pointless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.12%
No - I have already returned home (23)
13.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.04%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.7%

Watched Threads