it's like some of my thoughts aren't mine anymore

Watch
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
it started last night. they're extremely morbid but i know this isn't me. and everything looks different now. not in a good way. what is this?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Something that definitely requires the attention of your GP.
Apzz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maybe u need a good night sleep.
Gayvenclaw :D
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to sleep well, eat well, make sure you're hydrated, exercise, and do something you enjoy. A lack of any of those needs can cause thoughts like that, and they may go away when all of those needs are filled.

If it carries on after you've done the above for a couple of days, then you should start looking into your mental health.

Conditions like depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and trauma disorders like PTSD, DID, etc have disorganised /disruptive thoughts like that as symptoms, so look into those for other symptoms you may have, then if you do, think about speaking to your GP as Angel said for resources and to figure out what to do next.

Make sure your needs are filled first.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Something that definitely requires the attention of your GP.
i don't want to.
(Original post by Apzz)
maybe u need a good night sleep.
maybe
(Original post by Gayvenclaw :D)
You need to sleep well, eat well, make sure you're hydrated, exercise, and do something you enjoy. A lack of any of those needs can cause thoughts like that, and they may go away when all of those needs are filled.

If it carries on after you've done the above for a couple of days, then you should start looking into your mental health.

Conditions like depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and trauma disorders like PTSD, DID, etc have disorganised /disruptive thoughts like that as symptoms, so look into those for other symptoms you may have, then if you do, think about speaking to your GP as Angel said for resources and to figure out what to do next.

Make sure your needs are filled first.
it's always been a mess but never like this. this is something different.
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
seek medical advice.

sounds like a lack of sleep and lots of other things combined are making you feel this way. best to go see your GP and sort it out.
markova21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree to go and see your GP. Don't ignore this please. x
Apzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
it started last night. they're extremely morbid but i know this isn't me. and everything looks different now. not in a good way. what is this?
I don't really have an experience in thoughts that make u feel wierd, but I just wanted to ask u were u in some medications lately , medicines that works similar to a sedative,its just that one day I was like super sick and I was asked to take paracetamol with a 8 hour gap I ate one on morning and the other one after 6 hours. things were so crazy after that I started hallucinating after 35mins I guess it started like this I was sleeping and I was dreaming. in my dream I was in a jungle and I was simply walking and i saw something moving In a dark place suddenly i woke up and it felt so real I thought it was real but it did felt like my room was a jungle and u know what I did I started searching under my bed and my whole room to find the thing that was moving in the dark. then I felt tired and I went to sleep again. the next day when I woke up I started laughing for the wierd thing I did I mean it it was a really weird experience. that's the reason why I asked if you've been on some medication there are chances u could have wierd thoughts it's not always meds if u haven't slept well for like 3 days or somethin u could feel weird being tired and stressed
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Apzz)
I don't really have an experience in thoughts that make u feel wierd, but I just wanted to ask u were u in some medications lately , medicines that works similar to a sedative,its just that one day I was like super sick and I was asked to take paracetamol with a 8 hour gap I ate one on morning and the other one after 6 hours. things were so crazy after that I started hallucinating after 35mins I guess it started like this I was sleeping and I was dreaming. in my dream I was in a jungle and I was simply walking and i saw something moving In a dark place suddenly i woke up and it felt so real I thought it was real but it did felt like my room was a jungle and u know what I did I started searching under my bed and my whole room to find the thing that was moving in the dark. then I felt tired and I went to sleep again. the next day when I woke up I started laughing for the wierd thing I did I mean it it was a really weird experience. that's the reason why I asked if you've been on some medication there are chances u could have wierd thoughts it's not always meds if u haven't slept well for like 3 days or somethin u could feel weird being tired and stressed
benzos and hypnotics but i've been on them for years.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
derealization?
Apzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
benzos and hypnotics but i've been on them for years.
#happyrealization
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
derealization?
i don't know...
(Original post by Apzz)
#happyrealization
?
Clubcard
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can relate. I sometimes feel like I'm watching my own head running, and it's my own thoughts fighting against thoughts I don't want but they are there and won't go away and can't control them. They aren't very nice thoughts.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't actually have to see your GP, you can get a telephone appointment.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
You don't actually have to see your GP, you can get a telephone appointment.
no point. they can't fix this.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
You don't know that, they could have some useful insight.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
...but you're asking us? :confused:
Second_Beauty
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
The same happened to me 2 years ago. I suggest going to the doctor while you’re still experiencing it. I don’t experience the symptoms anymore but I definitely don’t feel the same at all. I went to the doctor a few months ago and nothing was done, I was just looked at like I was crazy because I didn’t know how to explain it because it had already passed. So I didn’t have much to offer the doctor.

It could be a mixture of stress, anxiety and a lack of sleep (I remember you mentioned anxiety and insomnia in one of my threads) it could also just be a side effect if you’re on any meds.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I get that a lot. Like the thoughts in my head have been placed there and aren't mine. They're usually really horrible and not at all typical of me. What I usually try to do is track back where the thought came from. For instance if I see a black car and think black cars are dangerous, I know it's more likely to be my thought becauase I saw the black car. If it's "kill yourself" out of nowhere I know it's less likely to be me both because of the tense and the fact it came out of nowhere. This might help you know which thoughts to entertain and which to ignore.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Apzz)
I suspect this was more likely to be due to you being unwell than taking paracetamol, tbh.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
Yeah, I get that a lot. Like the thoughts in my head have been placed there and aren't mine. They're usually really horrible and not at all typical of me. What I usually try to do is track back where the thought came from. For instance if I see a black car and think black cars are dangerous, I know it's more likely to be my thought becauase I saw the black car. If it's "kill yourself" out of nowhere I know it's less likely to be me both because of the tense and the fact it came out of nowhere. This might help you know which thoughts to entertain and which to ignore.
But you have a diagnosis though, don't you?

OP, I really think you should see someone about this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (25)
30.86%
Less motivated (56)
69.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed