Gurdeepthelegend
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is really confusing as we took mock exams at the end of yr 12 and the start of yr 13. Which would be taken into account as I did well in my yr 12 mocks but I flopped my yr 13 one. They were both on the same content.

Any help would be great thanks
Icykitten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same here, I don’t think anyone knows unfortunately, well just have to wait and see tomorrow. Wish I could help you more.
Arisapo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Literally nobody knows, and it's all a mystery ahead of tomorrow.

I would guess the most recent ones, but that's purely me speculating.
hope1279
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the mock grade is the latest full paper you did in exam conditions in the hall or something but that's just me guessing
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gurdeepthelegend)
This is really confusing as we took mock exams at the end of yr 12 and the start of yr 13. Which would be taken into account as I did well in my yr 12 mocks but I flopped my yr 13 one. They were both on the same content.

We’re still waiting for the DfE to release more information to exam boards, who will then share what is meant by a ‘mock’ on their website. When there is a further update, you will most likely hear about it on this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post90334292
anon12344321
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gurdeepthelegend)

mock exams are the most recent ones the last tests we did before lockdown tbh the news is kinda overreacting way too much. they are making it seem that they are scrapping the calculated grades but that's not the case. all that's happening is that if you win an appeal your mock grades will be used instead if they are higher which is kinda dumb becuase appeals take forever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads