university accommodation help

Watch
NataliaCh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi so I have an unconditional university offer however I got allocated an accommodation choice that cos wayyy above my price range and it was also like my 8th choice .. so I was forced to decline it and now I’m on a waiting list however results day is tomorrow and I’m going to have to enroll into uni.. but I don’t have anywhere to live .. what do I do? Do I defer for a year? Or like look privately although that’s also expensive??
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by NataliaCh)
Hi so I have an unconditional university offer however I got allocated an accommodation choice that cos wayyy above my price range and it was also like my 8th choice .. so I was forced to decline it and now I’m on a waiting list however results day is tomorrow and I’m going to have to enroll into uni.. but I don’t have anywhere to live .. what do I do? Do I defer for a year? Or like look privately although that’s also expensive??
Have you spoken to the accommodation dept? Normally students with unconditionals get guaranteed accommodation so I would hope that they would sort you out. Don't defer just because of the accommodation. Some unis have Facebook sites where students do accommodation swaps. Trouble is you gave up your accommodation so don't have anything to swap. Try contacting the accommodation dept first to see what they would advise. Hope you get sorted.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
HI NataliaCh

Congrats on having an unconditional offer. I would recommend to contact the accommodation dept. and talk them through your situation and they should be able to help you out in finding accommodation that suits you. If not then try searching for a private accommodation that suits you as most of the time you will be able to find cheaper accommodation then the uni halls. I would not differ it just because of accommodation plus you have enough time to find a private accommodation that meets your requirements and suits your choices.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any questions.

Arsh Shaikh
BA Financial Economics
Coventry University - Coventry Campus
Jasmine Bowling
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What budget were you looking for? I've booked with CODE but I know a lot of their cheap room have gone
UELStudentRep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey there.

That's really frustrating I'm sorry you're going through this.

I'd recommend contacting the accommodation team and getting their advice as they can guide you on what to do. There are also loads of groups on Facebook for student accommodation and things like that.

Good luck!
gevieevie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are you still looking for an accommodation? I have a student room in private student accommodation, en-suite, bills included with wifi and close to the uni for only £4000 for the year, I need a tenant replacement as I won’t be living in cov this academic year, let me know if you’re interested
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi!

I recommend looking for private housing if possible!

Marlena - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (67)
14.69%
I'm not sure (16)
3.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (154)
33.77%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.75%
I'm not a current university student (211)
46.27%

Watched Threads