20 hrs for GCSE Computing NEA

Watch this thread
yakisobaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,
I have just begun my OCR GCSE Computer Science NEA and before the summer holidays I was told to keep a log of what I do each hour as we are expected to complete the NEA in 20 (would be timetabled) hours. However, now that I have begun, I am unsure what the 20 hours includes. Is the 20 allowed hours solely for writing the code, or does it include tasks before and after writing the actual code such as: designing the program (writing pseudocode, making a flowchart), testing and an evaluation?
I would ask my teacher but we only have one computing teacher for the entire school, and he is only checking his emails once a week so I imagine it would take a long while for him to get back to me.
Thanks for your help.
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yakisobaa)
Hi everyone,
I have just begun my OCR GCSE Computer Science NEA and before the summer holidays I was told to keep a log of what I do each hour as we are expected to complete the NEA in 20 (would be timetabled) hours. However, now that I have begun, I am unsure what the 20 hours includes. Is the 20 allowed hours solely for writing the code, or does it include tasks before and after writing the actual code such as: designing the program (writing pseudocode, making a flowchart), testing and an evaluation?
I would ask my teacher but we only have one computing teacher for the entire school, and he is only checking his emails once a week so I imagine it would take a long while for him to get back to me.
Thanks for your help.
includes everything
S Z H
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
if you check the ocr website i think they said that you might be able to do more than 20hours
https://support.ocr.org.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360042188532-GCSE-Computer-Science-What-are-the-Summer-2021-Programming-Project-arrangements-for-J276-
Lukasik
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Have you finished your NDA? and would you be willing to send it to me. Both the code and the documentation, I'm really struggling with it right now, and it would be a big help, if you're willing.
Talhawaseem02
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lukasik)
Have you finished your NDA? and would you be willing to send it to me. Both the code and the documentation, I'm really struggling with it right now, and it would be a big help, if you're willing.
Only slightly cheating 😂
Lukasik
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Talhawaseem02)
Only slightly cheating 😂
Yeah, fine enough, but can you at least send me documentation for the first one, so I can understand the format, I'm doing the 2 player dice game on Pascal so I can't really copy, it's fine if you don't want to, it'll be a big help though.
gemmalol
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Please i need help on the nea flight gcse computing thing i suck at this
gemmalol
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Talhawaseem02)
Only slightly cheating 😂
everyone cheats Please help me with the first part of the code ppppplllleeeeaaaasssseeeeee peace out
Talhawaseem02
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gemmalol)
everyone cheats Please help me with the first part of the code ppppplllleeeeaaaasssseeeeee peace out
I did about 19 hours and then the school system corrupted. My class didn't even finish 🤣.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (80)
66.67%
No (29)
24.17%
I didn't use it to prepare (11)
9.17%

Watched Threads