Calling admissions on A level results day

Watch
driverplayer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I missed my IB points offer by 2 for UCL, have telephoned twice last month to try to initiate a conversion but was told to call back on A level results day.Will I get an opportunity to plead my case tomorrow or will the decision already have been made?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by driverplayer)
I missed my IB points offer by 2 for UCL, have telephoned twice last month to try to initiate a conversion but was told to call back on A level results day.Will I get an opportunity to plead my case tomorrow or will the decision already have been made?
It's likely a decision will be made once the uni have A-level results.

When you say plead your case, do you mean you have extenuating circumstances that the uni aren't aware of?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ucl will have made a decision. There is nothing you can do to change their minds. Track will show tomorrow whether they have accepted you or not. If you get rejected move on. No kind of pleading will change their mind unless there are significant extenuating circumstances. Otherwise you are wasting your and the Universities time at the busiest time of year.
driverplayer
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
It's likely a decision will be made once the uni have A-level results.

When you say plead your case, do you mean you have extenuating circumstances that the uni aren't aware of?
Thanks for getting back to me. There are no extenuating circumstances. I just wanted to be prepared if a discussion was expected by the admissions officer.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for getting back to me. There are no extenuating circumstances. I just wanted to be prepared if a discussion was expected by the admissions officer.
It's possible- if you're not given a decision on results day you can call up and tell them how much you love the uni and the course and ask them when they will make a decision by (don't let them keep you hanging too long).

However, I'd expect them to make a decision by 8am tomorrow.
driverplayer
Rep:
?
thanks for getting back to me.
I'll do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (51)
13.46%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.46%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (142)
37.47%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (41)
10.82%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (73)
19.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed