Is Exeter regard highly by law firms

Watch
Wossh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've seen some data showing the percentage of partners that attended which universities. I saw Exeter ranked rather highly on there however it seems odd. being how competitive law is i find it weird that Exeter with a 98% offer rate is beating out the likes of Bristol and Nottingham for recruitment to firms, simply since the university admissions process is part of the reason why Cambridge graduates are dominant in firms. Was Exeter much more respected in the past when the partners were recruited perhaps? And whilst we are on this topic, out of Bristol, Nottingham and UCL which would you personally recommend as the best for graduate prospects (particularly to US and MC firms)

I ask since i'm applying to uni in the coming months so its important to me, don't take this as any kind of "Elitism", I know all these universities provide great prospects.
Last edited by Wossh; 1 month ago
Varis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. UCL
2. Bristol
3. Nottingham

Not much of a gap between Bristol and Nottingham, as compared to UCL (I think Bristol is better in terms of opportunities and their Law Society is bigger, stronger, etc. However, it's also incredibly competitive to get committee positions there and it may be slightly easier to get positions of responsibility in Nottingham. Also, Nottingham has more commercial law modules which may be attractive on paper).

Regarding the partnership representation stat - that doesn't really mean anything to someone entering the industry now. You should be looking at the junior demographic, if anything - in which case, Exeter does worse than UCL, Bristol and Nottingham.
Wossh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Varis)
1. UCL
2. Bristol
3. Nottingham

Not much of a gap between Bristol and Nottingham, as compared to UCL (I think Bristol is better in terms of opportunities and their Law Society is bigger, stronger, etc. However, it's also incredibly competitive to get committee positions there and it may be slightly easier to get positions of responsibility in Nottingham. Also, Nottingham has more commercial law modules which may be attractive on paper).

Regarding the partnership representation stat - that doesn't really mean anything to someone entering the industry now. You should be looking at the junior demographic, if anything - in which case, Exeter does worse than UCL, Bristol and Nottingham.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (51)
13.46%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.46%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (142)
37.47%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (41)
10.82%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (73)
19.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.54%

Watched Threads