The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

CAS for International Students

Hey,
I am an international student and am planning to attend Lancaster University. I had received confirmation of my acceptance in June, and my UCAS status had also switched to unconditional back in June. From what I understood at that point, my CAS for my Visa would be automatically generated and sent to me once the University had processed it. Moreover, I never received any communication from the University which instructed me about any next steps that I had to take. I know that some other universities require their students to apply for their CAS separately, but the Lancaster Website mentioned that it is automatically generated. It is now August and I have not received my CAS yet, nor have I received any communication from the university regarding this. I am not sure as to what is going on, and am quite stressed out about this as I need my CAS to apply for a visa.

I personally feel that the university hasn't done a very good job of communicating with their international students and have left them confused about this issue. I really am unaware of what I am supposed to do at this point.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
I am an international student and am planning to attend Lancaster University. I had received confirmation of my acceptance in June, and my UCAS status had also switched to unconditional back in June. From what I understood at that point, my CAS for my Visa would be automatically generated and sent to me once the University had processed it. Moreover, I never received any communication from the University which instructed me about any next steps that I had to take. I know that some other universities require their students to apply for their CAS separately, but the Lancaster Website mentioned that it is automatically generated. It is now August and I have not received my CAS yet, nor have I received any communication from the university regarding this. I am not sure as to what is going on, and am quite stressed out about this as I need my CAS to apply for a visa.

I personally feel that the university hasn't done a very good job of communicating with their international students and have left them confused about this issue. I really am unaware of what I am supposed to do at this point.

Hi,
I'm sorry you haven't heard from us regarding this, and I'm not surprised you are stressed.
Our Admissions team are going to need to chase this up for you.
Can you please email [email protected] with your details so they can help you?

Thanks
Louise
Marketing Team
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending