Harrybeld
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If on results day I miss my offer closely, should I call the uni's admissions team to see if they will be lenient on grades?
Student1080
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey,
If you miss your offer closely you should definitely contact your university to see if they can be lenient. I would recommend writing an email to their undergraduate admissions team rather than calling in, because they are likely to have a large influx of calls on results day with similar questions. If you write them an email they can respond to you in due time with all the necessary information in detail.

I too missed my offer by a few point. I emailed my university, and in a few days they got back to me with my acceptance.

These are unprecedented times and universities understand that.

Hope that this helps.
thegalaxy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Harrybeld)
If on results day I miss my offer closely, should I call the uni's admissions team to see if they will be lenient on grades?
No, they've had your results since Friday so they've had time to consider if they're willing to accept near misses - so if it says on Track tomorrow that you're unsuccessful, the only point in calling is if you're appealing or intending on sitting the autumn exams. Good luck!
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If they're your firm they'll already have considered if to offer you a place with lower grades. They've had your results for a week.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is no ringing up universities to see if they take you. You will either be accepted or rejected. Very often universities will accept lesser grades. 40% of students getting in last year had 2 or more grades lower than their offer. If however you are rejected it is the ned of the line with that university and you will need to look elsewhere.
Harrybeld
Rep:
?
(Original post by thegalaxy)
No, they've had your results since Friday so they've had time to consider if they're willing to accept near misses - so if it says on Track tomorrow that you're unsuccessful, the only point in calling is if you're appealing or intending on sitting the autumn exams. Good luck!
Thank you!
Harrybeld
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
There is no ringing up universities to see if they take you. You will either be accepted or rejected. Very often universities will accept lesser grades. 40% of students getting in last year had 2 or more grades lower than their offer. If however you are rejected it is the ned of the line with that university and you will need to look elsewhere.
Thank you. It's sort of do or die for me as I'm going to study medicine. But thanks for the info!
Arisapo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If it was your firm choice and it says you've been rejected, unfortunately there's no point ringing. As people have said, they have your results a while before you and weigh up whether to be lenient or not so it wouldn't make a difference.

Fingers crossed they accept you anyway, but if not there are plenty of alternatives.
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The only context where (in my opinion) it would be ok to ring is if you are are a 'near miss' and planning to appeal your grades. The process is a little different this year so check it out on the gov website: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...vels-and-gcses
Apart from that, a rejection is a rejection sadly. Best of luck tomorrow :hugs:
Harrybeld
Rep:
?
(Original post by barror1)
The only context where (in my opinion) it would be ok to ring is if you are are a 'near miss' and planning to appeal your grades. The process is a little different this year so check it out on the gov website: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...vels-and-gcses
Apart from that, a rejection is a rejection sadly. Best of luck tomorrow :hugs:
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (54)
25.59%
Less motivated (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise