username4650180
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got AAA last year in my AS levels, these count towards my full a level results usually. I got the highest results in each of my subjects in my school, so what would you say my A levels would be?
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Daoaoaskdkdk)
I got AAA last year in my AS levels, these count towards my full a level results usually. I got the highest results in each of my subjects in my school, so what would you say my A levels would be?
Depends on your school’s historical performance and where you are in relation to other students in your subject. But once the DfE releases guidance on mock exams and whether AS qualifications can be used as part of it, you may get a better idea.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by epicnm)
Depends on your school’s historical performance and where you are in relation to other students in your subject. But once the DfE releases guidance on mock exams and whether AS qualifications can be used as part of it, you may get a better idea.
The mock exam part is only if you appeal the grade, they haven't yet said that they will be recalculating the grades as far as I'm aware.
username4650180
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m top of the class, and my school is a high performing grammar school...
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
The mock exam part is only if you appeal the grade, they haven't yet said that they will be recalculating the grades as far as I'm aware.
Yes, sorry, that’s what I meant.

To clarify, when you get your results tomorrow and they are below what you have achieved in mocks (which is yet to be defined by the DfE), then you can appeal your grade on the basis you achieved higher in a mock exam.

(Original post by Daoaoaskdkdk)
I’m top of the class, and my school is a high performing grammar school...
If you believe you would be the highest in the rank order and your school has a history of A grades in the subject, then yes, in theory, you should get those grades according to Ofqual’s standardisation model. But obviously the only way to be sure is to find out tomorrow!
Arisapo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should get those grades, but it's best not to speculate and guess, as no one can promise you. It's very different this year and pretty up in the air.

In less than a day, you'll know for sure the outcome, so try and distract yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads