Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hello there,

With A-Level results day just around the corner, I wanted to check in to see how you’re all feeling?

The recent news headlines about grading systems have been confusing and quite unsettling, so I completely understand any concerns you may have. You’ve had a pretty rough ride so far, but I want to make sure you feel as supported and prepared as possible for tomorrow – remember, you’re not alone in this.

I was in your shoes not too long ago and remember how anxious I felt waiting for my results – I came to Loughborough to study Media and Communications and am now lucky enough to work for the University! This means I can give you advice from an applicant and staff perspective.

Whether you’re worried about results, unsure on how the clearing process works, or apprehensive about University life, please feel free to…

Ask me anything!

…I’ll do my best to help. Good luck for tomorrow – you’ve got this!

Sally
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
I'm really worried that I won't make the grades, do you know when the clearing places and grades will get published?
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Hi Sally
How lenient do you think admissions will be for those students who don't achieve their conditional offers, i.e. if they get 1, 2 or 3 grades below, e.g. they have a conditional offer of AAB then achieve either ABB, BBB, ABC, or BBC ?

Yours concerned :/
Ps. I'm hoping to study BSc Management with a placement year
Loughborough University
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm really worried that I won't make the grades, do you know when the clearing places and grades will get published?
Hey,

Thanks for getting in touch. I understand how you must be feeling - the day before results is always a little nerve-wracking! Please know you're not alone - lots of students up and down the country will be in the exact same boat.

Our Clearing vacancies for 2020 are due to go live on our website this evening: www.lboro.ac.uk/clearing. I am not sure what time they will be published, but if you keep checking this page throughout the evening, our vacancies will appear.
Just for reference, our Clearing contact centre will be open from 8am tomorrow morning, and the number you’ll need is: 01509 274 403. It's a good idea to refresh the vacancies before calling, as grades may be subject to change.

I hope this is helpful?
Sending you luck for tomorrow - you'll be fine!
Sally
Loughborough University
Rep:
?
Hi Sally
How lenient do you think admissions will be for those students who don't achieve their conditional offers, i.e. if they get 1, 2 or 3 grades below, e.g. they have a conditional offer of AAB then achieve either ABB, BBB, ABC, or BBC ?

Yours concerned :/
Ps. I'm hoping to study BSc Management with a placement year
Hi!

It's a really good but difficult question to answer - here at Loughborough, we completely understand your circumstances and we'll try to be as flexible as possible with our grade boundaries. It will all depend on how much space we have available on particular courses.

Try to remember though, all is not lost if you miss your grades, so please don't be too disheartened - there are lots of options available to you which can allow you to progress onto a university course.

If you find that you have not been accepted onto your BSc Management course, head over to our Clearing website for our full list of vacancies: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/clearing. If you see a course that you are interested in and meet the published requirements, please contact us on 01509 274 403 and one of our call handlers will be happy to talk through your options. The hotline opens from 8am tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, try and stay positive! We'd love for you to join our #LboroFamily, so I'm sending you the best of luck for your results tomorrow!
Sally
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
Is there a chance that the Loughborough Robotics clearing grades will go down? My grades are still a little to low for clearing
Loughborough University
Rep:
?
Is there a chance that the Loughborough Robotics clearing grades will go down? My grades are still a little to low for clearing
Hey,
My best advice would be to keep checking and refreshing the vacancies throughout today - we're reviewing the boundaries closely, but it all depends on the number of places available.
Don't lose hope! Depending on how much lower you are,, you could give the clearing hotline a call and discuss your options with a member of the team? Sometimes it helps to chat things through.

Best of luck! Let us know how you get on?
Sally
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (70)
67.31%
I don't have everything I need (34)
32.69%

Watched Threads