The Student Room Group

please be quick

can i get food poisoning if i eat spaghetti balanaghes out of a tin and didnt cook it enough by accident im starting to worry that i will it said i need to heat it up for 3-4 minutes and i think i did it for to
Original post by grove1234323
can i get food poisoning if i eat spaghetti balanaghes out of a tin and didnt cook it enough by accident im starting to worry that i will it said i need to heat it up for 3-4 minutes and i think i did it for to

If it came directly from the tin, and didn't sit for any significant time, I doubt it. It will have been very hot when it was put in the sealed tin, so unlikely to contain non-trace levels of bacteria. If it's had sat in a fridge after opening, it would be different.

The instructions sound more like heating, than cooking, it, although it's always better to heat your food thoroughly.
(edited 3 years ago)

OP seriously I think you will be fine but you will only find out in a few hours!
Reply 3

It's actually fully cooked before it goes into the tin. It will taste better and at least be hotter if you cook it for the time they say but if it is just warmed up, you should be OK.
(edited 3 years ago)
it's totally fine
I’m pretty sure you’ll be just fine. See how you feel in a few hours!
I love a bit of balanaghes

Quick Reply

Latest