The Student Room Group

Neuroscience applicant 2021

Hi guys! Im currently in Year 12 going into year 13 and am planning to do veterinary medicine at uni. However for my 5th choice i am applying to kcl for neuroscience and psychology as it is one of my interests. Does anyone have any tips on applying to neuroscience, like good wider reading options and just general 5th choice tips like ps and things like that? This would be greatly appreciated.
Personally for your PS I think you should focus on your veterinary med courses as these will obviously be your priority. I think most of the stuff you put in your PS for that will make you stand out for neuroscience anyway (providing you have suitable experience to talk about for your vet med courses).

Probably not that helpful or me to directly recommend wider reading, because if I recommend specific books to multiple people then no one would stand out. I'd try to be aware of recent advances in neuroscience that make the news, or research (check university neuroscience department pages as they are always promoting recent findings from their researchers).
Original post by QuentinM
Personally for your PS I think you should focus on your veterinary med courses as these will obviously be your priority. I think most of the stuff you put in your PS for that will make you stand out for neuroscience anyway (providing you have suitable experience to talk about for your vet med courses).

Probably not that helpful or me to directly recommend wider reading, because if I recommend specific books to multiple people then no one would stand out. I'd try to be aware of recent advances in neuroscience that make the news, or research (check university neuroscience department pages as they are always promoting recent findings from their researchers).

Thanks!!!
Original post by anasaleem039
Hi guys! Im currently in Year 12 going into year 13 and am planning to do veterinary medicine at uni. However for my 5th choice i am applying to kcl for neuroscience and psychology as it is one of my interests. Does anyone have any tips on applying to neuroscience, like good wider reading options and just general 5th choice tips like ps and things like that? This would be greatly appreciated.

(Original post by anasaleem039)
Hi so I applied for med last year but also applied at Kcl for neuropsych. Only thing I had about psychology in my personal statement was being a mental health ambassador and empathy. They even gave a contextual offer (ABC) so basically, I personally feel it depends on the cohort and demand for the course so try your best to focus mostly on vet med and it can’t go so wrong. But good luck!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending