isabellazafe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I know most ppl can't answer this but I'm moving to Qatar soon and want to get a part-time job but when I search for some they say I need 5 years of experience just to work at Starbucks and usually only Filipinos can apply?

I also heard you have to be 18 or even 21 to work in Qatar as a women. Is this true?
Do you or does anyone u know have a job as a student and what is it?
Thanks
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Do you or your parents have Qatari citizenship?
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by isabellazafe)
I know most ppl can't answer this but I'm moving to Qatar soon and want to get a part-time job but when I search for some they say I need 5 years of experience just to work at Starbucks and usually only Filipinos can apply?

I also heard you have to be 18 or even 21 to work in Qatar as a women. Is this true?
Why would you move there?
isabellazafe
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Do you or your parents have Qatari citizenship?
no we are expats
isabellazafe
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Why would you move there?
cause my parents have a job there. I've legit lived in every continent so kinda use to moving to random countries
deja97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thanks
I'm Qatari, and I first started working when I was 15! you can find different opportunities in conferences, workshops, etc. However, sometimes they are indeed harder to find! but deff can be found if you look deeper
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Qatar and Gulf nations are excellent places for engineering roles, contracts etc. btw. Very good rates and minimal tax, safe environment (virtually no crime) and excellent lifestyle as well.

I believe there's also a demand for careers in education - particularly from first world Western countries.

Please note there is a huge demand, the part of the recruitment process does actually depend where you originate from as well and this can either increase or decrease your chances.
isabellazafe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by deja97)
I'm Qatari, and I first started working when I was 15! you can find different opportunities in conferences, workshops, etc. However, sometimes they are indeed harder to find! but deff can be found if you look deeper
ok thank you! did u get paid and were they short time gigs (like helping at a one off event) or could you work for longer periods of time (like a part time job)
deja97
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ok thank you! did u get paid and were they short time gigs (like helping at a one off event) or could you work for longer periods of time (like a part time job)
Its mostly in events and stuff like that. I personally didn't have a part time job. There are agencies like In-Talent, Trinity, etc.. you basically give them your infromation and what you are willing to work for (modelling, photography, acting, management, etc..) and when ever there is an opportunity they share it with you and see if you are available there are a few more agencies but I honestly forgot the names
isabellazafe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by deja97)
Its mostly in events and stuff like that. I personally didn't have a part time job. There are agencies like In-Talent, Trinity, etc.. you basically give them your infromation and what you are willing to work for (modelling, photography, acting, management, etc..) and when ever there is an opportunity they share it with you and see if you are available there are a few more agencies but I honestly forgot the names
i'm not really model and acting worthy but thats still cool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.94%
Virtual campus tours/open days (111)
23.17%
Live streaming events (44)
9.19%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.6%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.76%
An in-person event when available (107)
22.34%