dyelbro
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
should i tell my friend who has just started revising, thats its too late?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dyelbro)
should i tell my friend who has just started revising, thats its too late?
No.

Firstly, that's not helpful or kind. Secondly, you can get through an awful lot of content in two months or so if you are focused.
damsellinstress
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
No.

Firstly, that's not helpful or kind. Secondly, you can get through an awful lot of content in two months or so if you are focused.
Yeah exactly. 2 months is plenty of time. Exams are in like 50 days. If you do 10hrs a day thats 500 hours!
damsellinstress
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can get through so many past papers every day and know them off by heart until october if you study that much per day. Trust me your friend will do amazing and can jump so many grades if they stick to it.
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, 2 months is plenty of time to revise content just not learn it. If they’ve already learned all the content fro their subjects and are just revising then 2 months is plenty of time to get a decent grade.
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn’t revise any of my GCSEs until the night before, my A-levels max a week before each exam. I got into a well respected RG uni.

I’m not saying I recommend that approach. I’d have probably got higher grades if I’d done more revision. But I don’t understand at all the people who say “it’s too late!!!” when they have months to go.
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's all about revising smart, not hard, even if they did have 500 hours, they could have 100 hours and still do really well, if your friend utilised their time properly, it's never too late.
dyelbro
Rep:
?
No.

(Original post by damsellinstress)
Yeah exactly. 2 months is plenty of time. Exams are in like 50 days. If you do 10hrs a day thats 500 hours!
(Original post by damsellinstress)
You can get through so many past papers every day and know them off by heart until october if you study that much per day. Trust me your friend will do amazing and can jump so many grades if they stick to it.
i want to help him get the best grades!
what advice should it tell him?
to do as many past papers as possible? but im sure hes not done much revision since the start of quarantine so should he redo some of the topics?
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
to do as many past papers as possible? but im sure hes not done much revision since the start of quarantine so should he redo some of the topics?
Firstly does he want/need your advice?
dyelbro
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Firstly does he want/need your advice?
are you moody today?
hate seeing people helped?
dyelbro
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
No, 2 months is plenty of time to revise content just not learn it. If they’ve already learned all the content fro their subjects and are just revising then 2 months is plenty of time to get a decent grade.
hmm you are correct

but im unsure whether he has done any work since the start of quarantine. so i will assume at the worst he has forgotten alot of it
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are you moody today?
hate seeing people helped?
What??
dyelbro
Rep:
?
What??
i, from the loving and honest bottom of my heart
would like to help him
but i am not the most efficient reviser
so i would like people here who are experienced to give me advice so i may help him

he has not asked, but why should that matter
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To be fair, he doesn't know he needs to retake yet. For now, I would just leave him to it.

Unless he is asking you for specific advice, I wouldn't necessarily tell him anything at this stage. I'd also suggest he asks his teachers for support/advice tomorrow if he does need to retake.
dyelbro
Rep:
?
To be fair, he doesn't know he needs to retake yet. For now, I would just leave him to it.

Unless he is asking you for specific advice, I wouldn't necessarily tell him anything at this stage. I'd also suggest he asks his teachers for support/advice tomorrow if he does need to retake.
"hey friend! do you have any advice for how i can revise efficiently?"

"i cant tell you anything"
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"hey friend! do you have any advice for how i can revise efficiently?"

"i cant tell you anything"
No, that's not what I'm saying.

I'd say- wait and see what happens tomorrow, and if you do need to retake then talk to your teachers for advice first. You could also share some things that worked for you, then.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i, from the loving and honest bottom of my heart
would like to help him
but i am not the most efficient reviser
so i would like people here who are experienced to give me advice so i may help him

he has not asked, but why should that matter
I asked because I was confused as how you were coming across. You started off by asking whether you should tell your friend he was too late to start revising.

I was asking for context.

It’s fab that you want to help and, asking how you can help him is a great thing to do but it isn’t how your posts were coming across.
dyelbro
Rep:
?
I asked because I was confused as how you were coming across. You started off by asking whether you should tell your friend he was too late to start revising.

I was asking for context.

It’s fab that you want to help and, asking how you can help him is a great thing to do but it isn’t how your posts were coming across.
ok dude please just give me some advice to study efficiently
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hmm you are correct

but im unsure whether he has done any work since the start of quarantine. so i will assume at the worst he has forgotten alot of it
The first time I picked up a book was yesterday for chemistry and quite a lot of it came rushing back. Think of it like riding a bike, you start of rocky but you never forget how to ride one and get back into the swing of things in no time.
dyelbro
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
The first time I picked up a book was yesterday for chemistry and quite a lot of it came rushing back. Think of it like riding a bike, you start of rocky but you never forget how to ride one and get back into the swing of things in no time.
were all gonna make it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (57)
26.27%
Less motivated (160)
73.73%

Watched Threads