davidosullivan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m starting to get nervous now due to it being August. So I might have to fly over to Uni by myself due to my Mum not being able to take much time of work as she's off for a broken ankle and is returning next week. I’m flying from Belfast to Cardiff & it’s the first I’m flying alone- has anyone else in the UK flown to uni alone/international students & how do you get over nerves?

I've never seen the City before also which is why I am quite anxious because we were supposed to go but then Lockdown happened.
UELStudentRep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I was also really nervous when I was flying over to England as an international student. My tips are to have a list of everything you're bringing with you so you can go over it and make sure you have everything you need. Try to have your transportation sorted beforehand as it can be stressful if you try to arrange something at the airport. Maybe do some research about Cardiff so you're familiar with the city. When I moved to London what I did a few days after I moved is got public transport into central and just walked around for a few hours by myself getting to know the city! It was a lot of fun.
(Original post by davidosullivan)
I’m starting to get nervous now due to it being August. So I might have to fly over to Uni by myself due to my Mum not being able to take much time of work as she's off for a broken ankle and is returning next week. I’m flying from Belfast to Cardiff & it’s the first I’m flying alone- has anyone else in the UK flown to uni alone/international students & how do you get over nerves?

I've never seen the City before also which is why I am quite anxious because we were supposed to go but then Lockdown happened.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (195)
14.4%
I'm not sure (61)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.03%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.73%
I'm not a current university student (668)
49.34%

Watched Threads