Do unis give offers over the phone for clearing?

Watch
cantbeblankk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
if i only get a place at my insurance uni & not my firm, i want to try law at a different uni. the clearing button doesnt show up if you have an offer but can you still call up different unis & can they guarantee a place over the phone before you decline your insurance offer & go on to put the new uni down in clearing? Or do you have to risk it by declining your offer first?
Last edited by cantbeblankk; 1 month ago
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cantbeblankk)
if i only get a place at my insurance uni & not my firm, i want to try law at a different uni. the clearing button doesnt show up if you have an offer but can you still call up different unis & can they guarantee a place over the phone before you declining your insurance offer & go on to put them down in clearing? Or do you have to risk it by declining your offer first?
Universities aren’t meant to talk to you before you are officially in clearing (so before you declined your insurance} however you may find some unis May still talk to you. Good luck !
cantbeblankk
Rep:
?
(Original post by thegalaxy)
Universities aren’t meant to talk to you before you are officially in clearing (so before you declined your insurance} however you may find some unis May still talk to you. Good luck !
thank you, good luck if ur getting results as well!! and yeah im planning on talking to them tomorrow if i find out i didnt get my firm place but hopefully that doesnt happen
cantbeblankk
Rep:
?
please help still kinda confused
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Basically universities have an agreement with UCAS that they cannot discuss offers with someone who is not in clearing and is in another university. When you ring they shouldnt discuss it with you but that doesnt mean some dont break the rules. Officially you have to decline first and then look elsewhere through clearing.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cantbeblankk)
if i only get a place at my insurance uni & not my firm, i want to try law at a different uni. the clearing button doesnt show up if you have an offer but can you still call up different unis & can they guarantee a place over the phone before you decline your insurance offer & go on to put the new uni down in clearing? Or do you have to risk it by declining your offer first?
Officially, yes, you need to take the risk and decline your place so you get put into Clearing and get a Clearing number to give to the university.

Some places might be willing to talk to you without a Clearing number/not being in Clearing, but they really shouldn't, and if I were you I wouldn't go calling them in the expectation that they will be willing to entertain your call without a Clearing number/actually being in Clearing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (54)
25.59%
Less motivated (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads