Need a Timetable but I don't know how to structure it

Watch
YA9
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi. Since next year for me is year 11, I believe that it is personally critical, for me to structure a timetable, but I'm just too torn apart to decide how to structure it. For e.g, I want to make notes topic by topic for subjects such as chemistry, maths or english lang/lit. The problem is I want to use a revision technique that will take a chunk of my timetable, but I don't know how to fit it in. The two techniques are past papers and spaced repetition. I can't lie my performance was poor (year 10), especially since lockdown. So these are the subjects/topics I have yet to complete (these also include year 10) Biology P1,P2. Chemistry P1. English Literature, Macbeth, Inspector Calls, Christmas Carol. English Language P1. Maths P1 and P2. Geography P1. Russian (yes lol). Sociology, Key concepts, research methods and the family. These are the topics I would set in my timetable, however keeping fact that for all of this, I want to use two main techniques spaced repetition and past papers. For e.g, 1 week can accommodate for spaced repetition. Obviously with this technique, I want to set it out as a long-term timetable until the end of Year 11.
EmRep13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
First I'd say you need to prioritise subjects - which ones are you doing best at and which ones are you doing worse at. Dedicate more time/sessions/whatever to those. As for the blocking - I'd say it's personal preference. Personally, I would do sessions in the sense where I'd do note taking, and then do past paper questions on SPECIFICALLY that topic using physics and maths tutor for science and maths. I would've made that one session, and then done your revision one week, paper the next week for something essay based like English or Business. Honestly, at the beginning of year 11, you should be able to keep your revision quite light if you've got relatively good memory retention, and then gradually ramp it up closer to the actual exams. Also just remember to keep the timetable fluid - if you're finding yourself lagging in something, don't be scared to spend a little more time with it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (119)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (362)
14.85%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (265)
10.87%
Lack of purpose or motivation (343)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (112)
4.59%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (146)
5.99%
Loneliness (210)
8.61%
Financial worries (91)
3.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (104)
4.27%
Exposure to negative news/social media (117)
4.8%
Lack of real life entertainment (128)
5.25%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (212)
8.7%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (229)
9.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise