*will the summer '21 a level exams count as resits?*

Watch
Voss.gloss20
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey,

If I don't take the autumn exams, will the summer exams count as resits even-though I haven't sat any exams or not?

If you know any articles on this/ evidence, please link it

Thanks
V
allyysaraa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
would love to know about this
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Voss.gloss20)
Hey,

If I don't take the autumn exams, will the summer exams count as resits even-though I haven't sat any exams or not?

If you know any articles on this/ evidence, please link it

Thanks
V
At the moment it seems like they will. All of the Ofqual statements only refer to autumn exams as being treated differently/being a way to get replacement certificates with just your new grade on. It's hard to provide a source for a negative, though. You can see what they have to say about autumn exams here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/o...m-arrangements

They may be treated by unis as a first sit, but you will have to contact individual unis to find out their view on this.
Voss.gloss20
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
At the moment it seems like they will. All of the Ofqual statements only refer to autumn exams as being treated differently/being a way to get replacement certificates with just your new grade on. It's hard to provide a source for a negative, though. You can see what they have to say about autumn exams here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/o...m-arrangements

They may be treated by unis as a first sit, but you will have to contact individual unis to find out their view on this.
Thanks 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads