The Student Room Group

Why they going on about debt

Degrees aren't compulsory education so why so people say they've been unfairly treated when they signed up knowing their course was 9250 per year?

its a choice.

Think about buying any good or service and then complaining that you have to pay it back?

Honestly, I think uni fees should be heavily (not totally) subsidised by the government, but then have ties against it that you need to complete the degree etc.

Why are allied health profession degrees not totally funded? why is the government handing out 5k per year to people? They should fully fund them as an incentive, but then you only get the full subsidy if you work in the field you train in for a minimum of a few years (not including time of onemployment/job searching). Same thing with the teaching bursaries - I wonder how many are doing the training for the tax free 26k bursary and then being able to walk away at the end of it saying its not for them, not needing to pay a penny back? why isn't there something in place to say, you want the money? work in the field that so separately needs these skills you just learned for two years first.
Original post by Anonymous
Degrees aren't compulsory education so why so people say they've been unfairly treated when they signed up knowing their course was 9250 per year?

its a choice.

Think about buying any good or service and then complaining that you have to pay it back?

Honestly, I think uni fees should be heavily (not totally) subsidised by the government, but then have ties against it that you need to complete the degree etc.

Why are allied health profession degrees not totally funded? why is the government handing out 5k per year to people? They should fully fund them as an incentive, but then you only get the full subsidy if you work in the field you train in for a minimum of a few years (not including time of onemployment/job searching). Same thing with the teaching bursaries - I wonder how many are doing the training for the tax free 26k bursary and then being able to walk away at the end of it saying its not for them, not needing to pay a penny back? why isn't there something in place to say, you want the money? work in the field that so separately needs these skills you just learned for two years first.

Why are you hiding behind anonymous? Have some backbone and post under your normal account, makes you look like you are ashamed of your thread.

On second thoughts your thread seems like a stream of consciousness rant.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Why are you hiding behind anonymous? Have some backbone and post under your normal account, makes you look like you are ashamed of your thread.

On second thoughts your thread seems like a stream of consciousness rant.

I’m not ashamed of my thread, I just know that the majority of people think fees are wrong and will be quick to research my profile to figure out my background and then use it in responses against me (it’s happened before).

I’m genuinely interested in it all. Me under my usual account isn’t going to radically improve the situation and doesn’t invalidate my opinions or questions.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not ashamed of my thread, I just know that the majority of people think fees are wrong and will be quick to research my profile to figure out my background and then use it in responses against me (it’s happened before).

I’m genuinely interested in it all. Me under my usual account isn’t going to radically improve the situation and doesn’t invalidate my opinions or questions.

Nope cant say ive noticed a mass movement saying fees are wrong.
1. Perhaps they felt they were going to get more for their money and it was mis-sold?
2. Health degrees arent totally funded because its cheaper not to and that means those taking on debt bear some of the risk.
3. The bursary is to encourage more applicants in areas of shortage.
4, You are open to apply for being a teacher or a nurse if you so choose.
Think about buying a good and service but not receiving what you expected when you initially paid the amount. People shouldn’t be paying that much to be taught online and not receiving the full uni experience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending