Reviser4689
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i'm desperately looking for a grant. I thought I would have some to choose from as I come from a very low income, single parent background but it doesn't seem like that is enough to qualify for any? Has anybody any I might be missing?
Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reviser4689)
So i'm desperately looking for a grant. I thought I would have some to choose from as I come from a very low income, single parent background but it doesn't seem like that is enough to qualify for any? Has anybody any I might be missing?
Thanks
In addition to your student loan?
Theres normally a separate scholarships and bursaries page at your chosen institution.
Reviser4689
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
In addition to your student loan?
Theres normally a separate scholarships and bursaries page at your chosen institution.
none of them applied to me, they were all subject specific :/
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks
If you come from a very low-income household, the university might have some sort of bursary/scholarship for you. Check on their funding page, usually, it will be automatically awarded based on your SFE income assessment.

If you are OK with posting where you're currently at/applying for, then maybe we can help?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
none of them applied to me, they were all subject specific :/
Then that is all your uni offers.
Try a different uni.
Scholarships and bursaries come from everyone elses fees or if they have a rich benefactor.
Have you checked you have claimed everything you can with sfe as a single mother? Universal credit?

You havent been forthcoming in context or detail so not easy to answer.
username5371642
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There used to be government grants, now it's based on institution level scholarships.

Maybe you could take a degree apprenticeship/distance learning or get an employer to sponsor your degree (if you're going into accounting etc).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
19.42%
No (112)
80.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed