_Lottie_01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In clearing, what can potential universities see when you ring them up and tell them your UCAS number eg. original application, supporting notes/letters/extra personal statements outside of UCAS but associated with your number / original choices and your firm & insurance etc? Thanks in advance
(Sorry if this has already been asked)
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _Lottie_01)
In clearing, what can potential universities see when you ring them up and tell them your UCAS number eg. original application, supporting notes/letters/extra personal statements outside of UCAS but associated with your number / original choices and your firm & insurance etc? Thanks in advance
(Sorry if this has already been asked)
When you give them your clearing number, they can see your UCAS application. They won't be able to see anything else beyond that- so if there is something not on your UCAS application they need to know, you need to tell them!
_Lottie_01
Rep:
?
Ok so if, for example, I try to get a place on an alternative course at the same university that I am currently holding an offer at, would they not then be likely to link that to my current application and the notes that go with that?
Thanks
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok so if, for example, I try to get a place on an alternative course at the same university that I am currently holding an offer at, would they not then be likely to link that to my current application and the notes that go with that?
Thanks
At your current university, that's more likely, yes. But other unis won't be able to see that information.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks
Clearing is for matching unplaced applicants to unfilled courses. It isn’t how you change courses at your firm university. You just need to ring your university and ask to change. Nothing to do with clearing
_Lottie_01
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Clearing is for matching unplaced applicants to unfilled courses. It isn’t how you change courses at your firm university. You just need to ring your university and ask to change. Nothing to do with clearing
I meant if I miss the grades and end up in clearing but still try to get into the same university on a similar course with lower grades?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I meant if I miss the grades and end up in clearing but still try to get into the same university on a similar course with lower grades?
If that happens then yes but there’s a good chance that you won’t be rejected if you miss your grades. Universities have the ability to make an offer for an alternative course if they’re not able to accept you with lower grades
_Lottie_01
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
If that happens then yes but there’s a good chance that you won’t be rejected if you miss your grades. Universities have the ability to make an offer for an alternative course if they’re not able to accept you with lower grades
Ok, thank you
_Lottie_01
Rep:
?
Sorry, another question: can potential clearing universities still see your predicted grades even after calculated grades have been released?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry, another question: can potential clearing universities still see your predicted grades even after calculated grades have been released?
Yes they can see your entire application
_Lottie_01
Rep:
?
Ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.93%
No (178)
78.07%

Watched Threads