Teenage years slipping away

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My childhood has always been bad I used to get bullied. Later on got sexually assaulted. Suffered from depression and social anxiety. But as soon I start to feel good about myself I just slip back into tht dark state. Now I’m just starting to realise that my teenage years are slowly going away I’m going into sixth form soon basically going to become an adult soon. I feel like I’ve never had fun in my teenage years I’m not even allowed to go out. I feel like no one cares for me unless I text them first. Idk. But I can’t get those years back and I’m upset about it. I guess would have to carry on with my life.
Kffh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My childhood has always been bad I used to get bullied. Later on got sexually assaulted. Suffered from depression and social anxiety. But as soon I start to feel good about myself I just slip back into tht dark state. Now I’m just starting to realise that my teenage years are slowly going away I’m going into sixth form soon basically going to become an adult soon. I feel like I’ve never had fun in my teenage years I’m not even allowed to go out. I feel like no one cares for me unless I text them first. Idk. But I can’t get those years back and I’m upset about it. I guess would have to carry on with my life.
Well first you need to ask yourself why you aren’t allowed to go out and consider why there might be rules your parents/guardian have set. Second, maybe try coming to a compromise like a curfew or specific ppl you’d go out with who are trusted. See, while you might be nearing adulthood there will be rules in place if you live in someone else’s house and you ought to respect those
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kffh)
Well first you need to ask yourself why you aren’t allowed to go out and consider why there might be rules your parents/guardian have set. Second, maybe try coming to a compromise like a curfew or specific ppl you’d go out with who are trusted. See, while you might be nearing adulthood there will be rules in place if you live in someone else’s house and you ought to respect those
I am not allowed out because my mum just doesn’t want me to go out she done it for my other siblings. What I’m saying is that I feel like I’ve never had a great childhood and my life is slowly slipping away whilst others are having fun and enjoying their childhood.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
wow I'm so sorry, wish I could give you a hug! To some extent I understand what you're going through and honestly I think you could have more fun as a young adult. Especially if something to do with home is what is bothering you, leaving and having distance could help. it does suck that you weren't able to have 'normal' so to speak teenage years but that doesn't mean you can't make the most of what is left! One of my friends actually made a sort of teenage bucket list for their last year as a teenage which could be an option? About the not being allowed to go out, I completely understand. I'm not proud to say that I snuck out to get even a little freedom but talk to your friends. they could cover for you and hang out. I sometimes hung out with my friends at school after school under the guise of a club which could be okay if the school allows it? This would also help you talk to your friends about how you're feeling. good friends will understand and make more of an effort.

hope this helps xo
Anonymous #1
wow I'm so sorry, wish I could give you a hug! To some extent I understand what you're going through and honestly I think you could have more fun as a young adult. Especially if something to do with home is what is bothering you, leaving and having distance could help. it does suck that you weren't able to have 'normal' so to speak teenage years but that doesn't mean you can't make the most of what is left! One of my friends actually made a sort of teenage bucket list for their last year as a teenage which could be an option? About the not being allowed to go out, I completely understand. I'm not proud to say that I snuck out to get even a little freedom but talk to your friends. they could cover for you and hang out. I sometimes hung out with my friends at school after school under the guise of a club which could be okay if the school allows it? This would also help you talk to your friends about how you're feeling. good friends will understand and make more of an effort.

hope this helps xo
thank you soo muchhhh . Yes I talked to one of my friends she says she doesn’t know how to respond because she’s never been in that situation but she tries to support. But honestly I think I just need to go therapy. I’m getting allowed out but only because my siblings had to persuade my mum a lottt. But honestly thank you for even replying and not saying something insensitive❤️
Anonymous #1
I’m only being allowed out once tho💀
Gerrard88
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What I would say is things do get better. Use this time to find yourself, work hard and build your own future. Nothing in life will give you happiness if you are not happy with yourself.
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't worry, being an adult is far more fun!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Gerrard88)
What I would say is things do get better. Use this time to find yourself, work hard and build your own future. Nothing in life will give you happiness if you are not happy with yourself.
Yes thank you very much
zaydd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
sometimes we feel like our parents are choking us with all these rules, but maybe if you just try and talk it out with them, let out all your feelings on the matter then you can hear your parents side of the story.and whenever you feel like your life is always all wrong, just remember that you were born not to always suffer but feel happiness at one time of your life.Attention you will get at the right time and you will feel appreciated for who you really are
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (13)
32.5%
Less motivated (27)
67.5%

Watched Threads