Izzmia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Going into y11 in September and thinking ahead for a level choices, I am unsure as to what I want to go into when I’m older but it either lies in the engineering field or medical field. Currently I get steady 8’s (A*) in Biology and 7’s (A) in physics, chemistry & maths. Considering I don’t know what to do I was thinking take all 4 of these subject for a level and then drop one when I’m more sure on what career path I want. Is this too much workload & are my grades good enough. Also is there any suggestions of what would be the best alevels to have to go into medicene / engineering if not these 4?
Thankyou, Izzy
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
medicine - maths, chem are essential
engineering- maths, physics are essential
Gerrard88
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Really look into what career you want to go into before choosing your alevels. Don’t just pick them because your good at them because alevels are difficult and if you don’t like the subject, it’s going to be very hard to sit down and study. I’m doing physics, psychology and maths as my alevel. The only subject I like is maths, I picked physics because I enjoy maths, and psychology just as an ‘easy’ option because I didn’t want to do anything else. I got an 8 in gcse physics, and let me tell you alevels is sooooo much harder. I literally hate it. I have to force myself everyday to sit down and study, which is mentally draining, just because I’m currently failing.
So think hard about what you want to do.
Izzmia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gerrard88)
Really look into what career you want to go into before choosing your alevels. Don’t just pick them because your good at them because alevels are difficult and if you don’t like the subject, it’s going to be very hard to sit down and study. I’m doing physics, psychology and maths as my alevel. The only subject I like is maths, I picked physics because I enjoy maths, and psychology just as an ‘easy’ option because I didn’t want to do anything else. I got an 8 in gcse physics, and let me tell you alevels is sooooo much harder. I literally hate it. I have to force myself everyday to sit down and study, which is mentally draining, just because I’m currently failing.
So think hard about what you want to do.
Thanks for replying, you said you got an 8 in physics and are finding it hard, would you not recommend taking physics for someone who's been getting 7's in assessments?
Izzmia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Libbyc16)
medicine - maths, chem are essential
engineering- maths, physics are essential
thanks for replying, did you take any of those, if so which do you find most challenging? trying to scope out difficulty levels haha
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Izzmia)
thanks for replying, did you take any of those, if so which do you find most challenging? trying to scope out difficulty levels haha
no hahah i stayed away from stem alevels. the people i know who do them say the workload is fairly high & a big step up for year 11. but if you have a strong interest & think you’ll manage then do them!!
Gerrard88
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Izzmia)
Thanks for replying, you said you got an 8 in physics and are finding it hard, would you not recommend taking physics for someone who's been getting 7's in assessments?
A 7 is still a very good grade. I’d recommend to study it if you enjoy physics as you are obviously pretty good at it. However, if you are just going off of the fact that you got a 7, but don’t really enjoy physics, and would stay well away from alevel physics. That’s the mistake I made, choosing physics because I got an 8 and not really having any interest in it, and now I’m paying the price for it. I’m literally having to force my self to sit down and do work so I dont fail, and even then I’m still failing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (95)
26.91%
England (117)
33.14%
Belgium (28)
7.93%
Germany (40)
11.33%
Spain (8)
2.27%