The Student Room Group

Is clearing needed if....?

I'm a bit confused. I'm taking a gap year next year and have decided not to defer my UCAS entry, as some of my university choices and drama schools don't accept deferrals. I am applying for 2021 with my a level results I will have tomorrow. Does that mean I don't need to go through clearing? I'm not sure how clearing works and am getting my results tomorrow.
Original post by NatashaW26
I'm a bit confused. I'm taking a gap year next year and have decided not to defer my UCAS entry, as some of my university choices and drama schools don't accept deferrals. I am applying for 2021 with my a level results I will have tomorrow. Does that mean I don't need to go through clearing? I'm not sure how clearing works and am getting my results tomorrow.

If you’re applying for 2021 entry then you don’t necessarily have to use Clearing, but you may find some universities are willing to give you a deferred offer through clearing so you can have your place confirmed for next year now. Good luck with it all!
Original post by thegalaxy
If you’re applying for 2021 entry then you don’t necessarily have to use Clearing, but you may find some universities are willing to give you a deferred offer through clearing so you can have your place confirmed for next year now. Good luck with it all!

Thanks! I'm not sure if I can defer some universities and not others, will investigate tomorrow! Thanks for your help :smile:
Thanks! I'm not sure if I can defer some universities and not others, will investigate tomorrow! Thanks for your help :smile:

Bear in mind though that If you do manage to defer an offer through clearing then you’ll have to decline that if you change your mind and want to apply to other universities in 2021.

Probably best not to bother with Clearing tbh if you are applying for 2021.

Clearing is mainly for unis to fill their spaces for 2020 so most will have no interest in talking to you about 2021.
Original post by harrysbar
Probably best not to bother with Clearing tbh if you are applying for 2021.

Clearing is mainly for unis to fill their spaces for 2020 so most will have no interest in talking to you about 2021.

OK! Would I have to go through clearing in 2021 though if I already have results?
OK! Would I have to go through clearing in 2021 though if I already have results?

No, you can apply to unis with your results when UCAS Apply reopens in the autumn.
Original post by thegalaxy
Bear in mind though that If you do manage to defer an offer through clearing then you’ll have to decline that if you change your mind and want to apply to other universities in 2021.

OK thanks!

Original post by KittyN
No, you can apply to unis with your results when UCAS Apply reopens in the autumn.

Thank you!
Hi!
If you are interested, the University of East London is now available, you can call 020 4509 1460 or visit the web page https://www.uel.ac.uk/clearing/
Good luck! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending