The Student Room Group

Studying Masters from distance

Hello folks,

I am thinking of doing a masters in Human Resources either in Liverpool or Birmingham universities. My question is, though, let's say that the 1st semester of the course will take part virtually (online), therefore, would I need to be living in the same city at that time in regards to the coronavirus situation since majority of unis are planning to do virtual seminars/lectures in the first semester.

Would the enrolment be done as well or would you need to come phyisically?

Does anyone know?

Thank you very much.
Original post by Karolis356
Hello folks,

I am thinking of doing a masters in Human Resources either in Liverpool or Birmingham universities. My question is, though, let's say that the 1st semester of the course will take part virtually (online), therefore, would I need to be living in the same city at that time in regards to the coronavirus situation since majority of unis are planning to do virtual seminars/lectures in the first semester.

Does anyone know?

Thank you very much.

If you could commute, it might be okay, but I would say that universities are aiming to have at least some contact. I would recommend emailing the universities and asking what their set up is likely to be before you make your decision.
Original post by Karolis356
Hello folks,

Does anyone know?

Thank you very much.

Have you checked out the readily available info from both unis on the Web? Liverpool will be 'open but with limited face to face lectures. Could not find anything on Birmingham's approach
I do a distance learning master's degree and there is absolutely no requirement whatsoever for me to be in the same city. In fact, most people on my course are on different continents and timezones.

I imagine it should be the same for your courses. I don't know any distance learning courses that require you to be in the same city, unless there are certain exams or otherwise that you need to do in person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending