The Student Room Group

Bad A Level Results - what do i do now?

Got bad results in my A Levels. I just wanted to know what all my options are at this point. I understand I can resit my A Levels and Clearing but am still quite unsure. Has anyone else had any similar experiences and what they did? I am an international student btw. The option I have in my head rn is to resit my A Levels this year and hopefully do better. Would any of you recommend online tutoring?
(edited 3 years ago)
Wait how do you know your results so early??
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Wait how do you know your results so early??

They’re international. Some IAL results were published on Tuesday and those published today aren’t restricted by the JCQ embargo
Original post by lmaodan
Got bad results in my A Levels. I just wanted to know what all my options are at this point. I understand I can resit my A Levels and Clearing but am still quite unsure. Has anyone else had any similar experiences and what they did? I am an international student btw. The option I have in my head rn is to resit my A Levels this year and hopefully do better. Would any of you recommend online tutoring?

What do you want to study? Do you have any specific universities that you would like to target?
Original post by lmaodan
I took Cambridge International A Levels so I think results day is different.

Oh okay! Sorry to hear about your results :frown: I’m really anxious rn waiting for mine
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
What do you want to study? Do you have any specific universities that you would like to target?

For my A Levels, I took Mathematics, Biology, and Psychology. I'm planning to take BSc Psychology. As for universities, I haven't really had any specific ones targeted per se but thought about Manchester, Durham, Liverpool, and Birkbeck.
Reply 6
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Oh okay! Sorry to hear about your results :frown: I’m really anxious rn waiting for mine

Thank you ;-; Hopefully, I can turn this around somehow. Good luck to you!
Did you send an email to the staffI am also international and my grades were severely downgraded waiting for their decision
Original post by lmaodan
For my A Levels, I took Mathematics, Biology, and Psychology. I'm planning to take BSc Psychology. As for universities, I haven't really had any specific ones targeted per se but thought about Manchester, Durham, Liverpool, and Birkbeck.

Have you looked at their clearing information for this year? You might be able to find a place in clearing with your grades. And if you don’t then that makes the decision to resit clear cut
Original post by lmaodan

Good morning @lmaodan,

I am sorry to hear that things did not go to plan but please don't be too disheartened- many people who don't have the results day that they expected go on to achieve absolutely brilliant things. As previously mentioned by an above poster- maybe it would be good to enquire about clearing places with your current grades and see if it would be necessary for you to resit or whether your grades meet a different universities entry requirements.

If you have any questions or considerations about studying at Hull then I have attached a post here: HULL CLEARING.

Best of luck and congratulations.
Millie,
Stident Rep
Original post by lmaodan

@lmaodan I'm sorry to hear this, this must be very frustrating for you, but you are not alone in this. It's been a difficult year for all of you, and you've done what you could under the circumstances. You can resit your A levels or apply to the same university course at another uni through or to a different course through Clearing. If you're considering Queen Mary, our international clearing hotline is open: +44 020 3053 0793

All the best, I hope it all works out for you, you've got our support!
Amaya.
3rd year MBBS
Official QMUL TSR rep
Original post by lmaodan

Hi @lmaodan,

I'm sorry to hear that things haven't gone to plan with your results. This year has added an incredible amount of pressure and we recognise and commend everyone's resilience. Clearing offers you a lot of different options to consider. We have places available through clearing. You can talk to one of our friendly advisors on 0300 303 8320 or visit https://www.roehampton.ac.uk/clearing for more information.

All the best for the future,

- Greg
Digital Ambassador for the University of Roehampton
Original post by lmaodan
Thank you ;-; Hopefully, I can turn this around somehow. Good luck to you!

There will probably be many options in clearing. Have a think and ring around. Im sure by the end of the day you will find somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending