twinpower
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello there,

EU student here.
last year I submitted an application for a phd loan. I sent over my passport and everything was verified and a letter about the payment scheme was sent to me. I eventually canceled my plans for a phd and consequently I canceled my application for a student loan.
This year I applied again for a phd student loan. When i finalized my application I was asked to send my passport again. I wanted to ask you if it is possible to verify my status from my last year's application and not needed to send it again.
Thank you in advance for your time
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by twinpower)
Hello there,

EU student here.
last year I submitted an application for a phd loan. I sent over my passport and everything was verified and a letter about the payment scheme was sent to me. I eventually canceled my plans for a phd and consequently I canceled my application for a student loan.
This year I applied again for a phd student loan. When i finalized my application I was asked to send my passport again. I wanted to ask you if it is possible to verify my status from my last year's application and not needed to send it again.
Thank you in advance for your time
Hi, as it's a new application we will need you to send ID again.
Thanks, Isaac
twinpower
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, as it's a new application we will need you to send ID again.
Thanks, Isaac
Thanks for the information.
it also mentions about NHS number but as an EU student I don't have one. Do I need to do something about that?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thanks for the information.
it also mentions about NHS number but as an EU student I don't have one. Do I need to do something about that?
Good morning,you don't need to input any NHS number on our application.
Thanks, Isaac
twinpower
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I got a permission to study remotely for the 1st term of my phd and for that reason i will not be in the UK to open a bank account. My payment status for my student loan is blocked until i provide a uk bank account. Is there anything i can do? will i miss the October payment?
Thank you in advance
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I got a permission to study remotely for the 1st term of my phd and for that reason i will not be in the UK to open a bank account. My payment status for my student loan is blocked until i provide a uk bank account. Is there anything i can do? will i miss the October payment?
Thank you in advance
We can't send you any money if there is no where to send the money. You will need to provide bank details to receive the funding.
Thanks, Isaac
twinpower
Rep:
?
We can't send you any money if there is no where to send the money. You will need to provide bank details to receive the funding.
Thanks, Isaac
I understand that but should there be a solution for us who are granted a remotely studying mode due to covid-19? I belong to vulnerable groups and for that reason i am unable to travel to UK until the situation is safer. I have contacted several UK banks asking to open an account online and mail them the identification documents but I have not found a solution. Should there be a solution for that kind of problem? Please excuse me for asking again. Thank you in advance
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I understand that but should there be a solution for us who are granted a remotely studying mode due to covid-19? I belong to vulnerable groups and for that reason i am unable to travel to UK until the situation is safer. I have contacted several UK banks asking to open an account online and mail them the identification documents but I have not found a solution. Should there be a solution for that kind of problem? Please excuse me for asking again. Thank you in advance
I appreciate the circumstances, can you suggest a solution? How are we able to send you any money if you have no bank account?
Any feedback is welcome
Thanks, Isaac
twinpower
Rep:
?
I appreciate the circumstances, can you suggest a solution? How are we able to send you any money if you have no bank account?
Any feedback is welcome
Thanks, Isaac
I have a Greek bank account so maybe I could use this for the payments during the pandemic and once I am able to travel to UK switch to a UK bank account. In addition, I could attach a letter from the University of Cambridge which proves that I am granted a remotely study mode due to covid-19.
I am really grateful for you concern, thank you very much
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have a Greek bank account so maybe I could use this for the payments during the pandemic and once I am able to travel to UK switch to a UK bank account. In addition, I could attach a letter from the University of Cambridge which proves that I am granted a remotely study mode due to covid-19.
I am really grateful for you concern, thank you very much
Unfortunately we can only make payments into a UK Bank account, we are not able to pay into a Greek account.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed