Situation of UK Univs this September intake!

Watch
Diya Sharma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I have got offers from some Universities including Nottingham Trent University, Oxford Brookes University and Staffordshire University.
I am not sure will it be safe to travel this September 2020 as there's a thing with some UK universities about bankruptcy due to the pandemic.
I am confused what to do.
Oxford Brookes University gives an option to complete first semester online and then join for second semester on campus.
NTU said they are flexible with International travels until October.
What to do?
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Diya Sharma)
I have got offers from some Universities including Nottingham Trent University, Oxford Brookes University and Staffordshire University.
I am not sure will it be safe to travel this September 2020 as there's a thing with some UK universities about bankruptcy due to the pandemic.
Oxford Brookes University gives an option to complete first semester online and then join for second semester on campus.
What to do?
Hello Diya Sharma,

Congratulations on all of your offers! I hope that you are doing well.

I am a current student at Oxford Brookes University. I understand how you must be feeling, as the current situation has left many students with questions and doubts about how the next academic year will be; so you are definitely not alone. As of current the following information has been released by Brookes to give students an idea of the Universities plans from September:

'At present, all of our September-start courses are due to run with adaptations to fit the current situation. We are aiming to open our campuses as fully as possible in September with measures in place to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff.

It is unlikely that large, face-to-face lectures will be possible. We have therefore taken the decision that large lectures will be delivered through high-quality, online learning. However, you will be on campus for individual and small group learning with your peer group. On-campus meetings with your academic advisor will also be available and we can reassure you that for all these interactions, appropriate safety arrangements will be in place. Teaching methods are likely to vary from course to course and we are aiming to give you more information soon.

If you are unfamiliar with online learning, we can help. We have many years of experience in helping our students develop the skills they need to get the most out of their studies, and we have experienced teams in place that will help you to get the most out of online learning. Our existing students finished the last academic year totally online including exams and assessments. Teaching methods are likely to vary from course to course and we are aiming to give you more information soon.

Students unable to travel to the UK will receive the same high-quality, online learning and support. Your academic adviser will be an important link to the campus, getting you involved with other students and in small group learning. This will include opportunities to have contact with fellow students and with all the support services we provide such as Wellbeing, Careers and the important Library service. This applies equally to those who need to adhere to stricter social distancing measures which prevent them from being on campus.

There is a huge amount of work underway to help keep students, staff and essential visitors safe on their return to campus in September. This encompasses many different areas - from risk assessments and enhanced cleaning, to social distancing measures and modifications to reduce campus footfall.'

This is just some of the information the University have released, this information and more can be found on the following page, the University have created especially for updates during the current COVID situation: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/alerts/cor...or-applicants/ I would recommend keeping an eye on this web page, as any updates will be added on there.

If you have any further questions about Oxford Brookes University, then please do feel free to ask and I would be more than happy to help.

All The Best,

Shaf
Last edited by Oxford Brookes University; 9 months ago
Diya Sharma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Oxford Brookes University)
Hello Diya Sharma,

Congratulations on all of your offers! I hope that you are doing well.

I am a current student at Oxford Brookes University. I understand how you must be feeling, as the current situation has left many students with questions and doubts about how the next academic year will be; so you are definitely not alone. As of current the following information has been released by Brookes to give students an idea of the Universities plans from September:

'At present, all of our September-start courses are due to run with adaptations to fit the current situation. We are aiming to open our campuses as fully as possible in September with measures in place to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff.

It is unlikely that large, face-to-face lectures will be possible. We have therefore taken the decision that large lectures will be delivered through high-quality, online learning. However, you will be on campus for individual and small group learning with your peer group. On-campus meetings with your academic advisor will also be available and we can reassure you that for all these interactions, appropriate safety arrangements will be in place. Teaching methods are likely to vary from course to course and we are aiming to give you more information soon.

If you are unfamiliar with online learning, we can help. We have many years of experience in helping our students develop the skills they need to get the most out of their studies, and we have experienced teams in place that will help you to get the most out of online learning. Our existing students finished the last academic year totally online including exams and assessments. Teaching methods are likely to vary from course to course and we are aiming to give you more information soon.

Students unable to travel to the UK will receive the same high-quality, online learning and support. Your academic adviser will be an important link to the campus, getting you involved with other students and in small group learning. This will include opportunities to have contact with fellow students and with all the support services we provide such as Wellbeing, Careers and the important Library service. This applies equally to those who need to adhere to stricter social distancing measures which prevent them from being on campus.

There is a huge amount of work underway to help keep students, staff and essential visitors safe on their return to campus in September. This encompasses many different areas - from risk assessments and enhanced cleaning, to social distancing measures and modifications to reduce campus footfall.'

This is just some of the information the University have released, this information and more can be found on the following page, the University have created especially for updates during the current COVID situation: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/alerts/cor...or-applicants/ I would recommend keeping an eye on this web page, as any updates will be added on there.

If you have any further questions about Oxford Brookes University, then please do feel free to ask and I would be more than happy to help.

Okayy so may I know how was your experience studying online?
Is it worth studying that way..as my course is biomedical sciences which requires a lot of practical work too!
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What to do?
Hi Diya Sharma

It’s great to hear you’ve got an offer from Staffs.

In terms of your concerns for starting in September, we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different – and we will continue to be as flexible as possible when it comes to delivery – but we also want to ensure that students benefit from our state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, and enjoy a first-rate university experience.

It’s for this reason that Staffordshire University is adopting a blended approach to teaching and learning from September 2020. This means that we will use a combination of virtual and on-campus delivery to provide the best possible student experience within a COVID-secure environment.

Our students will benefit from face-to-face teaching on campus in smaller groups, supported by online sessions for larger groups. All students will have classes delivered on campus through a more intensive study pattern, receiving regular academic mentoring – plus access to support services across the university – either online or face-to-face where necessary.

Social distancing measures have been introduced across our campuses to facilitate a safe learning environment during all face-to-face sessions and in-person activities.

Please rest assured that Staffordshire University is working in line with public health guidance from the UK Government and other relevant authorities, and we will continue to review our operations within the context of the latest official advice to ensure we are acting in the best interests of our students, staff and local communities.

For further information about Staffordshire University’s blended approach to teaching and learning, as well as details of the tailored approach of our Schools and Departments, please visit https://www.staffs.ac.uk/welcome

In terms of what you should do, that's not something we can advise you on unfortunately - however you if you have any specific questions about Staffs, feel free to get in touch with our enquiries team who'll be happy to provide more detailed info: 01782 294000.

Thanks and good luck!

Amy
Geo55
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Nottingham Trent certainly has the best reputation of the unis you mention.

https://www.studentcrowd.com/univers...ity-nottingham
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Okayy so may I know how was your experience studying online?
Is it worth studying that way..as my course is biomedical sciences which requires a lot of practical work too!
Hello Diya Sharma

In my personal experience with my course we had nearly completed the modules for that semester and were working on exam revision. A few lectures were made available online by some of the lecturers to help our revision. So for me, my experience studying online was a positive one; especially since I feel that a lot of studying at university is independent. Our lecturers were available to talk to through phone calls and video calls, so if we did need to discuss something with them, we could book a meeting. Our lecturers would also send us extra online resources to aid our studies. I do understand that it may be different for other courses and I am just sharing with you my own experience so far; but for me personally I did not mind studying online, but my course does not really have practical work.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. If you do have anything further to ask, please do not hesitate and feel free to do so.

All the best,

Shaf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
30.65%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads