The Student Room Group

I failed

CDE

I actually don't understand how any of this is possible when I was getting A's and B's all year in Law and Art and got an A in my mock for Law? English was expected so Im not even going to complain about that but wtf?

How is this possible and how tf do I appeal and what happens if the appeal changes grades but I missed my firm? So pissed
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by aisharaindrop
C in art D in English Lit and E in Law

I actually don't understand how any of this is possible when I was getting A's and B's all year in Law and Art and got an A in my mock for Law? English was expected so Im not even going to complain about that but wtf?

How is this possible and how tf do I appeal and what happens if the appeal changes grades but I missed my firm? So pissed

Speak to your school and they can advice you. Good luck
Reply 2

same, usually get As and Bs, now 3 Ds
Honestly these results can't be mine

I’m sorry to hear that. The full details of the appeals system hasn’t been released yet, but let your firm know that you’re appealing and I’m sure your teachers are around either in person or over the phone to help advise you.

Original post by dyelbro
same, usually get As and Bs, now 3 Ds

Both of you. speak to your school/ college and ask them about getting an appeal, if they agree it's worth doing then ring your firm and see if they'll hold your places, there's no guarantee it ll come back in time but they might be willing to defer your offer till 2021 and check clearing just incase there is something you would want to do in there.
This is the thing about the 'postcode lottery'. I live in Gleadless, Sheffield, if you don't know it there are about five GCSEs shared between the entire area, they aren't exactly the smartest bunch. Anyway, I was lucky enough to go to a high performing sixth form but my neighbour who went to Sheffield College has had his grades downgraded; same situation, he was getting As/Bs all year round, and has come out with a C and two Ds. Not to sound like one of the 'loony left' but I reckon private schools will have had their grades either unchanged or improved.
Original post by claireestelle
Both of you. speak to your school/ college and ask them about getting an appeal, if they agree it's worth doing then ring your firm and see if they'll hold your places, there's no guarantee it ll come back in time but they might be willing to defer your offer till 2021 and check clearing just incase there is something you would want to do in there.

All of this!!! Communicate with your school as much as possible and ask them what has happened! They might be able to shine some light on this!
Original post by JohnMagners
This is the thing about the 'postcode lottery'. I live in Gleadless, Sheffield, if you don't know it there are about five GCSEs shared between the entire area, they aren't exactly the smartest bunch. Anyway, I was lucky enough to go to a high performing sixth form but my neighbour who went to Sheffield College has had his grades downgraded; same situation, he was getting As/Bs all year round, and has come out with a C and two Ds. Not to sound like one of the 'loony left' but I reckon private schools will have had their grades either unchanged or improved.

your neighbour might want to consider an appeal
Reply 9
Honestly so sorry to hear this happened - it makes no sense, and seems like a lot of your hard work has gone to waste.

Communicate with your school, and I imagine you'll want to resit to get grades that better reflect your ability. Where did you need to go?
CDE

Contact your school and ask to appeal.
Unis are meant to hold the place until the outcome of the appeal.
Original post by Arisapo
Honestly so sorry to hear this happened - it makes no sense, and seems like a lot of your hard work has gone to waste.

Communicate with your school, and I imagine you'll want to resit to get grades that better reflect your ability. Where did you need to go?

I won't be resitting because this was my 3rd year at college as I already resat the year! I wanted to go to Sheffield for interior design but they have changed my offer on UCAS to unconditional BUT with foundation year which I didn't want to do
I won't be resitting because this was my 3rd year at college as I already resat the year! I wanted to go to Sheffield for interior design but they have changed my offer on UCAS to unconditional BUT with foundation year which I didn't want to do

Ah, that’s more of a dilemma then.

Foundation years really aren’t the worst thing in the world, especially if you wanted to go to Sheffield. It’s just an extra year you didn’t really need.

Is there anywhere else you could go without foundation?
CDE

Appeals will need to go through your school.

You can also sit the paper in the Autumn as a first attempt and these grades will be null'ed if you exceed them.

Im sorry to hear this, id recommend speaking to your school about your grades and if they have the evidence for an appeal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending