Predicted BCC, got CDE.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TheDarthonian)
Predicted BCC, got CDE.
what does your track say? would you consider clearing, an appeal or the October exams? take a deep breath, you still have options.
Sciprios
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I agree with claireestelle here. You need to take a breath, consider the options:

• Appeals process
  • October exams
  • Clearing
  • Retake
Think about what would be right for you. I didn't do as well as I should have on my A-Levels, I went through clearing and ended up at a university I had never heard of but it was still the best time of my life. I have friends who didn't go through clearing and instead chose to take another year at college to retake their A-Levels. The options are open, talk to your school, family and consider what is best for you.
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What course are you wanting to study?
You still have options so please don't panic. We'd be more than happy to discuss these with you if you wish?

Our team is available till 7pm this evening on 0191 515 3000, or you can access our online Clearing Explained event and chat with our support team and current students there.
We understand you may need to some time to process but we're available when you need us
Birmingham City University
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Predicted BCC, got CDE.
Hey TheDarthonian,

Sorry you didn't get what you hoped, but like the others have said, try not to worry, you do still have options. We have some info on alternative options here that might help. Plus our Clearing hotline is now open on 0121 331 6777 so you can speak to someone about your options, and we're accepting predicted grades if they're higher than your actual results received today. You can check out what courses we have available here.

Let us know if you have any questions and good luck!

Lydia (The BCU Team)
Last edited by Birmingham City University; 2 months ago
aisharaindrop
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
if u do October exams u have to start uni in sept 2021 right
Birmingham City University
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by aisharaindrop)
if u do October exams u have to start uni in sept 2021 right
That's right if you want to sit exams in the autumn you'll be able to apply for uni in 2021
University of East London
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Predicted BCC, got CDE.
Hi TheDarthonian,

Don't worry! Is there a particular subject you're interested in?

If you're a little confused or worried about getting into uni, our friendly team is on hand to help you talk about options and plan next steps if you're interested in going to university. Give us a call on 020 4509 1460 to talk about this in a bit more detail!

-TheUELTeam
National Extension College
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Predicted BCC, got CDE.
Hi TheDarthonian,

Sorry to hear you didn't get the results you had expected! What's important now is to get a plan together to yourself back on track.

The National Extension College (NEC) has produced a helpful and free guide to retaking your A Levels: https://www.nec.ac.uk/wp-content/upl...akes-guide.pdf.

Established in 1963 as a pilot for the Open University, NEC is a pioneer in online distance learning and can help you get the grades you wanted! Each student receives an exceptional level of support from their expert tutor and the dedicated student support team. Our courses can be studied flexibly, any time and anywhere. Find out more at https://www.nec.ac.uk/.

Sophie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.61%
I'm not sure (40)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (280)
30.3%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.6%
I'm not a current university student (445)
48.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed