The Student Room Group

This is some ******** 😭🤬 A Level 2020 Results Day

It's INACCURATE

It says I got 3 C's even though I got an A in art, I'd say B in film, and and B in media because my coursework is an A.

But the universities have accepted me. This don't make SENSE.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ratchet Hoe
It's INACCURATE

It says I got 3 C's even though I got an A in art, I'd say B in film, and and B in media because my coursework is an A.

if they've accepted you then your a level results won't matter in the future for the majority of career options, but you can speak to your school about appealing if you want to.
Can someone explain how appeals work.
I’m supposed to get BBB and I needed that to get into my course. But I got BBC. I’m going to get an appeal, say my grade does move up can I still get into university especially if it’s a competitive course.
Original post by Zoeva123
Can someone explain how appeals work.
I’m supposed to get BBB and I needed that to get into my course. But I got BBC. I’m going to get an appeal, say my grade does move up can I still get into university especially if it’s a competitive course.

there's no guarantee that the appeal would come back in time to start this year, call your firm and tell them you are considering an appeal and see if they will hold your place for you.
It's INACCURATE

If the uni accepted you, then that's a good start.

Have you discussed your results with your school?
Well done for getting accepted :hugs:
Original post by SarcAndSpark
If the uni accepted you, then that's a good start.

Have you discussed your results with your school?

Yeah I have and am waiting. This is ALL wrong. If anything I am changing the results myself because no way was I getting those grades
Sorry you are disappointed about your grades. It's good you got into your university course anyway. You can always look to appealing when the process is released. It may take a while though.
Yeah I have and am waiting. This is ALL wrong. If anything I am changing the results myself because no way was I getting those grades

Talk to your school- but I'm not sure what you mean by "changing the results". If you want to appeal, unfortunately it can only go via your school.

I'm sorry you're so disappointed.

Unfortunately you cannot change the results yourself, as Sarc says talk to your school :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
Unfortunately you cannot change the results yourself, as Sarc says talk to your school :smile:

I have emailed to appeal. It's all so sad. Young people's futures are being pushed over
Okay.... You are angry because you got accepted. I mean.... It could be worse.:indiff:
Original post by Noreaga
Okay.... You are angry because you got accepted. I mean.... It could be worse.:indiff:

I know it could. It's just the inaccuracy that is really bugging me and I feel so bad for others too because even though they have been getting B's many got D's so we are all thrown under the bus. All of this is just not sitting right with me at all and I really hope the government doesn't use these inaccurate results as facts for the future
Original post by claireestelle
if they've accepted you then your a level results won't matter in the future for the majority of career options, but you can speak to your school about appealing if you want to.

Yeah I have appealed and must waiting. Making me question everything 😂
Well done for getting in :smile:
I know it could. It's just the inaccuracy that is really bugging me and I feel so bad for others too because even though they have been getting B's many got D's so we are all thrown under the bus. All of this is just not sitting right with me at all and I really hope the government doesn't use these inaccurate results as facts for the future

I can see why it would bother you- I hope the appeal gives you some closure.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
I can see why it would bother you- I hope the appeal gives you some closure.

Yeah. I hope it does too
I've posted some links about appeals / complaints here if they're of help to anyone:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6636854
Nothing makes sense, I feel like they just picked people’s grades out a hat.
Original post by bimbibap
Nothing makes sense, I feel like they just picked people’s grades out a hat.

That is what I am saying! Some people I know got D's when they have been getting B's A's and C's off the board and doing fine!

Quick Reply

Latest