Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Any good unis I can try clearing with?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AdenGermany)
What course/subject are you wanting to study?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
which course are you wanting to do? you could have a lot of options with those grades.
Charlotte's Web
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The best place to look is the UCAS course search https://digital.ucas.com/search

Don't rush into any decisions, try to do some research and see what appeals to you.
AdenGermany
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
(Original post by 8472)
What course/subject are you wanting to study?
Law
AdenGermany
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
which course are you wanting to do? you could have a lot of options with those grades.
Law
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Law
Have a look on the Law forum. harrysbar might have put something together. Here is last years list.

Unis in Clearing for Law 2019:

Warwick and Durham not in Clearing
Bristol not in Clearing for home students (Adjustment at A*AA with no LNAT)
Nottingham had a handful of places in "early clearing" at AAA or equivalent (plus LNAT) but by 10am on A level results day, it was International only
Birmingham AAA but places filled by 10am on A level results day
QMUL LLB vacancies at AAA
Sheffield LLB vacancies at AAA/AAB
Newcastle LLB ABB
Southampton LLB vacancies ABB (reportedly accepted BBC)
Cardiff .....ABB (reportedly lower) vacancies not published until A level results
Exeter vacancies for LLB at BBB (or BCC with Business) at Penryn
(those who missed their offer by even one grade got revised offer at Penryn)
Lancaster LLB vacancies BBB/BBC
Queens Uni Belfast LLB ABC/BBB
Leicester uni LLB vacancies BBB, reportedly accepted ABD
Liverpool LLB only in early Clearing for those achieving around BBB/BBC
SOAS BBB/BBC
Surrey LLB vacancies at BBB/BBC
Sussex LLB vacancies at BBC
Kent LLB vacancies at BBC
Keele LLB vacancies at BBC
Sheffield Hallam BBC
Aston LLB Law & Management BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Reading reportedly went down to BCD
UEA, RHUL, Swansea, Hull LLB vacancies (grades not known)
Oxford Brookes LLB 96 UCAS points
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Law
there's plenty of courses in clearing for Law
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Good morning AdenGermany

The list of law courses in ranking can be found in the complete university guide here: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...s/rankings/law

I am aware that at Hull, we are offering Law in clearing (also with the option of a year abroad) which can be found here on the website: https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/law-llb-hons

If this appeals to you then our clearing webpage is here: https://www.hull.ac.uk/clearing which has listed a phone number

Best of luck and congratulations! Hope you do plenty of celebrating.

Millie
Student Rep
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi Aden,
You can see our clearing courses here. We're asking for AAB for Law and other LLB courses, and we're asking for BBB for criminology and law. You're welcome to fill out a clearing form if you'd like and we'll get consider and get back to you ASAP.
I can't say how likely it is that you'll get an offer, but feel free to have a try - there's no limit to the amount of places you can inquire about clearing places.
Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Law
We have places available
Call our team on 0191 515 3000 to discuss your options, or you can self apply online
We're also running an online Clearing Explained event today where you can chat online with support staff and current students, it's on till 7pm and back on again tomorrow from 7am.
We're here to support you every step of the way!
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi Aden,
You can see our clearing courses here. We're asking for AAB for Law and other LLB courses, and we're asking for BBB for criminology and law. You're welcome to fill out a clearing form if you'd like and we'll get consider and get back to you ASAP.
I can't say how likely it is that you'll get an offer, but feel free to have a try - there's no limit to the amount of places you can inquire about clearing places.
Charlotte
Here are a few from last year

Birmingham AAA but places filled by 10am on A level results day
QMUL LLB vacancies at AAA
Sheffield LLB vacancies at AAA/AAB
Newcastle LLB ABB
Southampton LLB vacancies ABB (reportedly accepted BBC)
Cardiff .....ABB (reportedly lower) vacancies not published until A level results
Exeter vacancies for LLB at BBB (or BCC with Business) at Penryn
(those who missed their offer by even one grade got revised offer at Penryn)
Lancaster LLB vacancies BBB/BBC
Queens Uni Belfast LLB ABC/BBB
Leicester uni LLB vacancies BBB, reportedly accepted ABD
Liverpool LLB only in early Clearing for those achieving around BBB/BBC
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Law
Hi AdenGermany

If you're looking for a University that's good for Law then you might be interested in Reading. I've got several friends who studied Law at Reading and they all had a great experience. We have a really active student Law society who are a great community to be a part of and this is reflected by the great student satisfaction rate for the LLB Law course. You might like to have a look at some of our student success stories, here. You can also chat to Karyn, a current Law student who came to us through Clearing, here.

If you want to speak to someone in the Clearing team about applying for a place then feel free to give them a call on 0118 402 0900. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Dan
Last edited by UniofReading; 3 months ago
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey

Reading is currently offering clearing places for Law, the law school is based on the Whiteknights Campus (which side note looks straight out of Hogwarts!) and offers some amazing modules and excellent career guides through the Carrington building on campus. The website link is here: http://www.reading.ac.uk/law/
If you think it may be a good fit our clearing number is: +44 (0)118 402 0900
It is open until 6pm this evening and then opens again at 8am tomorrow.

Good luck choosing and if I can help you in anyway please do ask
Zoe
First year Biological sciences and student ambassador
Last edited by UniofReading; 3 months ago
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey AdenGermany

I hope you're well!

If you're interested in studying Law, we offer 11 courses in this area that you can take a look at here

We've actually just opened a state-of-the-art mock court which provides our students with the unique opportunity to experience the atmosphere of a courtroom and develop their professional legal skills in a realistic setting, meaning they will graduate ready to step into the world of work and with experience in a courtroom behind them.

If you'd like to chat to one of our current students directly about what it's really like being a Law student at Bradford, you can do so here

or you can have a read of our student blogs where they share their experience of being a Law student:
Why I chose to study Law
Life as a Law student at the University of Bradford

Feel free to get in contact with us if you're interested, our Clearing helpline is open today from 08:00-20:00 :hello:
You can call us on 0800 073 1225 :call:
or
Apply online here

Wherever you decide to go, I hope you have the best university experience possible and I hope you're proud of your results and all the hard work and effort you put in to your studies

Becky
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi Aden,
Charlotte
That's interesting that you want BBB for Criminology and Law - I will add that to my Law Clearing 2020 list although it still says AAB for Law and Criminology on your website.

The list on page 2 is being updated throughout Clearing and may give you some ideas AdenGermany

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6573674&page=2
Last edited by harrysbar; 3 months ago
Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
AdenGermany At QMUL Law is available through Clearing.You can check details of the course here https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate...rses/2020/law/. We also offer variations of the traditional Law degree, such as Global Law and English and European Law.
Call our Clearing hotline 0800 376 1800 and our staff will give you details regarding current Clearing entry requirements for Law and whether you are eligible for a place.

Good luck!
Amaya
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
That's interesting that you want BBB for Criminology and Law - I will add that to my Law Clearing 2020 list.

The list on page 2 is being updated throughout Clearing and may give you some ideas AdenGermany

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6573674&page=2
Criminology and Law is a BA course and not LLB - may explain the difference (Law with Criminology is LLB).
Charlotte
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors)
AdenGermany At QMUL Law is available through Clearing.You can check details of the course here https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate...rses/2020/law/. We also offer variations of the traditional Law degree, such as Global Law and English and European Law.
Call our Clearing hotline 0800 376 1800 and our staff will give you details regarding current Clearing entry requirements for Law and whether you are eligible for a place.

Good luck!
Amaya
Would you consider someone with ABC as it still says AAA on your website?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Criminology and Law is a BA course and not LLB - may explain the difference (Law with Criminology is LLB).
Charlotte
I see, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (673)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.23%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.54%

Watched Threads