The Student Room Group
Original post by dasda
I got A*AB and have an unconditional offer from university of Birmingham for computer science. Is it worth taking a gap year and doing exams and applying for bristol and warwick

Well it’s your decision,

Do you want to take a year out of education when you apply to Birmingham?

Which university do you like the most?
Original post by dasda
I got A*AB and have an unconditional offer from university of Birmingham for computer science. Is it worth taking a gap year and doing exams and applying for bristol and warwick

It really depends whether you want to go to Birmingham or whether you want to apply elsewhere. Do you think you genuinely no longer want to attend Birmingham or might you be getting cold feet? The decision is entirely up to you.

If you met all of your conditions and exceeded at least one you may be able to apply through adjustment, or if not you could check if these unis have Clearing spaces.
Original post by dasda

If it was my decision, no. Birmingham is a fab uni and those are fantastic grades - you should be very proud!
Original post by dasda

If you are thinking about this because you are thinking about career prospects at Birmingham vs Bristol & Warwick, then I wouldn't bother.

They're all good universities, and it won't boost/hinder your career chances by going to one or the other.
Reply 5
Original post by Blue_Cow
If you are thinking about this because you are thinking about career prospects at Birmingham vs Bristol & Warwick, then I wouldn't bother.

They're all good universities, and it won't boost/hinder your career chances by going to one or the other.

That was one factor but the main reason was to probably be more independent. Why do you say the career prospects are similar?
Original post by dasda
That was one factor but the main reason was to probably be more independent. Why do you say the career prospects are similar?

because your work experience far outweighs where you went to university.
Original post by dasda

You need to realize, after your gap year you will be a year behind your cohort, which you may think you have more maturity, but in most cases people just see it as a year behind with no extra experience or qualifications, so make sure your doing something in that year

Latest

Trending

Trending