The Student Room Group

Clearing at Keele 2020

Considering applying to Keele through clearing today? If you are finding it difficult to get through to clearing and admissions, drop your questions on here! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Considering applying to Keele through clearing today? If you are finding it difficult to get through to clearing and admissions, drop your questions on here! :smile:

Off topic but I got an offer for Keele accounting through clearing but I want to ask if you think it's worth going here or rather taking a retest this october to do accounting at a better university such as Manchester if you know you could get the grades. Sorry thanks alot tho
Original post by Jon Li
Off topic but I got an offer for Keele accounting through clearing but I want to ask if you think it's worth going here or rather taking a retest this october to do accounting at a better university such as Manchester if you know you could get the grades. Sorry thanks alot tho

Hello! I personally think that it depends on why you didn't consider Keele at first and if those reasons still matter to you or not. Funnily enough, I was planning on doing Physics with Astrophysics at the university of Manchester and also got a conditional offer from them. However, I ended up not meeting the grades required and got into Keele through clearing. I had that very same question about taking a gap year and redoing my exams. In the end I decided to go to Keele! For me, it was the best decision I could have made since I experience anxiety and a few mental health issues and the relaxed atmosphere at Keele is perfect for me. All the lecturers in my course are really approachable and the community feel at Keele is what I needed, especially for my undergrad and being away from home for the first time. I think Manchester would have been too fast paced and stressful for me.

Like I said, it really depends on your personal circumstances and what you want out of your university life and your degree. If you are worried about what the accounting and finance course at Keele is like, you can read more about it on here- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/accountingandfinance/

I am sorry I couldn't give you a straight answer! I hoped this helped anyway. If you have any other specific questions about the university or the course, that might help you make your mind up, please don't hesitate to ask and I will be happy to help you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending