The Student Room Group

I'm so stressed, a crying mess - clearing

Missed my offer, phoned a clearing uni waited 30 min they answered and then I disconnected it by accident and now its not letting me phone saying its busy?
Original post by Anonymous
Missed my offer, phoned a clearing uni waited 30 min they answered and then I disconnected it by accident and now its not letting me phone saying its busy?

Call again and again. Don't give up.

keep trying to call them back, a lot of them will be working from home so could be a technical problem.
Hey, breathe. Don’t worry about disconnecting, it happens and they’ll understand. Try to compose yourself (I know it’s easier said than done) because you still have a really high chance of getting into your preferred university and by this evening it will all be sorted!! Give yourself some time to process today and whatever news you’ve received, then try phoning again whenever you feel ready :smile:. Good luck x
Don’t panic, just keep trying to get through, stay calm. Technical issues happen, you’ll get through just keep trying.

Good luck! 🙂

Ellen
Student Ambassador

Hi Anonymous,

Do they have a live chat options available if the phone lines are busy? If they do then you can inform them of your prior enquiry which will probably be logged on the system :smile:

Best of luck,
Millie,
Student Rep

Hey!

Keep trying, some universities will experience a high volume of calls and there's bound to be some technical difficulties today, but you will get through to them at some point so don't give up!

I hope you're proud of your results and proud of yourself for trying your best and putting in so much hard work and effort! :smile:

Good luck with everything,

Becky

Hi @Anonymous,

I am sorry that you are having a frustrating time when phoning up clearing during an already stressful period.

As from my own experience last year it took nearly an hour to get through.

Most universities offer a live webchat function on their clearing site. Or if you would prefer to talk to somebody over the phone then keep trying.

If you don't manage to get a place at that university, our team at the University of Huddersfield are also here to speak with you through your options on 0330 123 2277 till 7pm or you could visit our website here.

I wish you the very best of look.

Best Wishes,

Sam Townsend | BSc(Hons) Geography Student at The University Of Huddersfield | Student Rep
(edited 3 years ago)

Hi!
Don't give up, just keep trying. Technical issues happen all the time, just keep calling and stay positive! Hope everything goes well. Good luck! 😊

Hi there,

Don't worry, just keep trying and also check to see if the universities you are contacting are giving offers over social media. This can sometimes be quicker than trying to get through over the phone. It's an incredibly busy time but we're all here to help!

Very best of luck!
Chris :smile:
Reply 10

Hey, sorry to hear that you've missed your offer. Like everyone else is saying above, please don't worry. Keep trying to call unis in Clearing and if the phone line does disconnect, keep going. Some uni admissions teams are working remotely and inevitably technical problems will happen. Good luck! :smile:
Please dont give up but completely focus on getting through. Use every phone you can find to get in the queue.
Hello! :smile:

So sorry to hear you are having such a challenging morning, I know clearing can feel a little overwhelming!

As others have mentioned, some universities might have an online chat function. This might be worth checking if you are concerned about the call disconnecting.

Remember, you are not alone! If there is anything you need, just ask and good luck!

Emily :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending