Tasha20x
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Okay so with the whole lockdown thing I never got the chance to go visit the University of Aberdeen (I'm from London) but I still put it as my firm. So grateful I got in today but does anyone know what the nightlife is like and student life in general. I tried to find videos and stuff but they were all pretty outdated.
Advertisement
MaryJane48
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I‘ll start 1st year in September too and was a bit worried about that aspect. I heard that nightlife in terms of clubbing is not very exciting. Besides from that student life is great: wide range of clubs, lots of events over the year...
Tasha20x
Rep:
?
(Original post by MaryJane48)
I‘ll start 1st year in September too and was a bit worried about that aspect. I heard that nightlife in terms of clubbing is not very exciting. Besides from that student life is great: wide range of clubs, lots of events over the year...
Thanks, that's not too bad I guess. What are you going to study?
Advertisement
I-A
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm going to Aberdeen too. I wouldn't worry too much about the nightlife cause it's going to suck everywhere this year.
MaryJane48
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I‘ll study Biomedical Sciences. What about you?
Advertisement
Tasha20x
Rep:
?
(Original post by MaryJane48)
I‘ll study Biomedical Sciences. What about you?
Ahhh I'm doing microbiology
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
Hi everyone! I'm an Aberdeen student going into second year so I can help you a little with the questions.

I agree with what someone else said above: the student life is amazing. There's so many clubs on offer, so many societies, and the university really tries to provide an amazing student experience. There are lots of events throughout the year, like a spring fest (with bouncy castles, tons of free food, magicians, etc.), and all the events always have free food haha

I obviously don't know what it will be like this year, but probably not as described above. But I know that the uni will try its best to provide an experience as good as it can possibly be

Regarding partying: Aberdeen really isn't that big, so clubs close early (but they do that in the UK anyway for some reason), and there are only a handful of clubs. It can be done though haha
And there's always Glasgow for a great night out

But I wouldn't worry too much about that, because clubs are gonna stay closed anyway
Advertisement
Tasha20x
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone! I'm an Aberdeen student going into second year so I can help you a little with the questions.

I agree with what someone else said above: the student life is amazing. There's so many clubs on offer, so many societies, and the university really tries to provide an amazing student experience. There are lots of events throughout the year, like a spring fest (with bouncy castles, tons of free food, magicians, etc.), and all the events always have free food haha

I obviously don't know what it will be like this year, but probably not as described above. But I know that the uni will try its best to provide an experience as good as it can possibly be

Regarding partying: Aberdeen really isn't that big, so clubs close early (but they do that in the UK anyway for some reason), and there are only a handful of clubs. It can be done though haha
And there's always Glasgow for a great night out

But I wouldn't worry too much about that, because clubs are gonna stay closed anyway
Thank you so much, this was honestly helpful. I know with the current climate things are going to be different but I just wanted to understand how it would've been if everything was 'normal'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.63%
I'm not sure (40)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (280)
30.34%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.6%
I'm not a current university student (444)
48.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed