User491
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I got an B for my a level in which I was working at A/A* the whole year which I have proof of. My teacher told me I was a solid A, however it says that the grade submitted is a B. I emailed her and she said she agrees with me and that she is gutted. She said she was told to email the results over to the head of year and not discuss anything with students. She said she will be support me with the appeal process however I’m unsure what grounds I can appeal on. I’ve received no clear answer from my college so if anyone could help I’d appreciate it. It’s a practical course so the mock option is not valid.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by User491)
I got an B for my a level in which I was working at A/A* the whole year which I have proof of. My teacher told me I was a solid A, however it says that the grade submitted is a B. I emailed her and she said she agrees with me and that she is gutted. She said she was told to email the results over to the head of year and not discuss anything with students. She said she will be support me with the appeal process however I’m unsure what grounds I can appeal on. I’ve received no clear answer from my college so if anyone could help I’d appreciate it. It’s a practical course so the mock option is not valid.
Hey, sorry to hear about this! Please don't panic but definitely liaise with your school about possibly appealing your result via your Head of Year who will presumably pass this onto to the exams officer. If that doesn't work, email your subject teachers and they should be able to chase this up urgently with the exams officer at your school. With the appeals process, there's currently limited information about how it will work but Ofqual will release further information and guidance in due course.

In terms of your next steps, I would contact your firm and insurance unis to say that you're appealing your grades (once your school has confirmed that they will on your behalf) and see what they say - they should be flexible. The other option is Clearing and there's a good choice in Clearing depending on what you want to study so do have a look at the vacancies. If you need further help, just tag me in. Hope this helps.
UELStudentRep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi!
Try to call your college or talk to your teacher again, so they can tell you what you can do with the appeal process!
Good luck and keep it positive! 😊
User491
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Hey, sorry to hear about this! Please don't panic but definitely liaise with your school about possibly appealing your result via your Head of Year who will presumably pass this onto to the exams officer. If that doesn't work, email your subject teachers and they should be able to chase this up urgently with the exams officer at your school. With the appeals process, there's currently limited information about how it will work but Ofqual will release further information and guidance in due course.

In terms of your next steps, I would contact your firm and insurance unis to say that you're appealing your grades (once your school has confirmed that they will on your behalf) and see what they say - they should be flexible. The other option is Clearing and there's a good choice in Clearing depending on what you want to study so do have a look at the vacancies. If you need further help, just tag me in. Hope this helps.
Hey thanks for your reply.
I rang my college and they gave me an email. They didn’t help me with what I should include in the email and basically told me that there’s nothing I can do about it. Do you have any idea of what grounds I could appeal on ?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by User491)
Hey thanks for your reply.
I rang my college and they gave me an email. They didn’t help me with what I should include in the email and basically told me that there’s nothing I can do about it. Do you have any idea of what grounds I could appeal on ?
No worries. Info here - There's an article about your options here including how to appeal and on what grounds. Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (185)
29.04%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (105)
16.48%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.11%
I want to meet current students (53)
8.32%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
8.01%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (127)
19.94%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.97%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.14%

Watched Threads