Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi I have just finished my 1st year at nottingham Trent university and I have taken a transfer to Westminster university ( marlyebone campus). I'm an international student from Dhaka, Bangladesh a small city where everyone knew each other and was very lively. The main reason I switched unis was because life at Nottingham was quite boring in my opinion, shops and everything closed very early during the weekdays and only during the weekends, the city center was a bit lively but there's really not much to do at night other than clubbing tbh. Finding a part time job was also quite tough as I started to look for one during the 2nd semester, but I must say Nottingham Trent university itself is quite lively. There's quite alot to do, many activities, many societies and clubs etc.
I wanted some insight on Westminster university, how if life there? Also I have enrolled into 2nd year in the Finance course, can anyone give me a bit of insight on this? How hard will it be or how many hours are classes? Will I have enough time to play football, work , have fun etc. At Ntu I had Classes 3x a week in 2019 and 2x in 2020, so I had lots of free time which I couldn't really use in a fun or efficient way, but I got a 1st in my first year. So how would life be at Westminster university and London?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Tagging University of Westminster
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Appreciate it mate
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
I joined the University of Westminster when I was 18 years old and moved to London for the same reasons as you have mentioned. I am now 26 and have been in London and connected to the university for either study or work for eight years.
University life at Westminster will be different to Nottingham in that it is a city based university in the realest sense and you will certainly not find it boring. You will be commuting with Londoners who are going to work as normal and tourists looking to see the city sights. This offers a vibrant environment to not only study but just to walk around and exist in. It will enable you to grow up quicker too. It's quite a big jump from a city like Nottingham, but if you adapt, you will find yourself being able to cope with any other place in the world for the rest of your adult life. This is an education you won't be able to find anywhere else in the country.

Your social life will be what you make it but London and the area around the university will not be short of places to drink and have fun. The campus you will be studying at in Marylebone is close to the main shops and stores which remain open until 9-10pm at night. Even though the job situation is obviously tough all over the country, London is never short of retail shops to help you with a bit of extra cash, with its long sprawl of shops dotted all around the West End of London . Your classes will operate roughly the same as your schedule at Nottingham. In addition, there will be vibrant societies and clubs that you can get involved with at University of Westminster from Law societies, to debating, and even more niche ones. The sports facilities are located at the open fields of Chiswick in South West London. You will likely have enough time to do anything you wish, providing you manage your time wisely. There is a 24/7 library at two of our central London campuses that operates throughout the week for you to catch up on work. You will have access to 5 campuses in total (4 in the centre, 1 in Harrow) so you'll be able to use all the facilities the university offers in different locations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
55.83%
I don't have everything I need (231)
44.17%

Watched Threads