Have your say: A* and A grades up by 2.4% from last year

Watch
tam13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our A* and A grades up by 2.4% from last year article.

Read the full A* and A grades up by 2.4% from last year article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Bambam0102
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From my experience it sounds like a load of ****. I can not believe what has happened.
afterwaves
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Utter crap. They have failed us so badly this year.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://twitter.com/miss_mcinerney/s...50251091214337

Yet they're up 4.7% at private schools...
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, A and A* grades have gone up slightly but the majority of students have been failed by the system. The grades are nowhere near predicted grades or previous mock results. I feel so sorry for those of you taking A Levels. You really have been let down
TONKALES
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
Yes, A and A* grades have gone up slightly but the majority of students have been failed by the system. The grades are nowhere near predicted grades or previous mock results. I feel so sorry for those of you taking A Levels. You really have been let down
predicted AAB

got ACD

Failed by the system; gg.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TONKALES)
predicted AAB

got ACD

Failed by the system; gg.
That sucks. See what I mean, it’s not even close. It’s honestly like they’ve just pulled random grades from thin air and handed them out.

You deserve so much better, I’m so sorry
afterwaves
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The real algorithm they used to decide our grades:

Name:  dice.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  59.4 KB
Icykitten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by afterwaves)
The real algorithm they used to decide our grades:

Name:  dice.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  59.4 KB
Lol 😆
UnknownCreature
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My CAG was AAA*A*, system gave AAAA*. Needed AA*A* - missed ICL offer
afterwaves
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by UnknownCreature)
My CAG was AAA*A*, system gave AAAA*. Needed AA*A* - missed ICL offer
Same here - missed my ICL offer by one downgraded grade. What a joke.
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But to be honest, I know you guys must feel bad, but they can't just give out better results than last year. They did dish out a few more A and A*s. They have to keep it in line with last year. So overall people got the same results as last year. It's just unfortunate that you can't really see who would have done better or worse. You can't really blame the government for it, to say they purposely want to make you feel bad is just illogical.
playboiaboodi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ibyghee)
But to be honest, I know you guys must feel bad, but they can't just give out better results than last year. They did dish out a few more A and A*s. They have to keep it in line with last year. So overall people got the same results as last year. It's just unfortunate that you can't really see who would have done better or worse. You can't really blame the government for it, to say they purposely want to make you feel bad is just illogical.
people are mad that they didn't get the grades were similar to their mocks, I've seen people drop 3-4 grades from their predicted and its insane
m.aurelius
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Was predicted A*A*A but got AAA - absolutely pissed because I KNOW I would’ve gotten at LEAST an A* in maths. I’m not trying to be cocky or trying to show off but I really feel like I’ve been robbed.

I know I haven’t got it the worst, though, I’ve at least gotten a place at my insurance (even though I missed the grades for that too, they were lenient). So I’m grateful but I’m also really angry.

I feel like my school was hit badly for a school that’s not necessarily in a deprived area. We’re a grammar school but we’re still a state school.
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by playboiaboodi)
people are mad that they didn't get the grades were similar to their mocks, I've seen people drop 3-4 grades from their predicted and its insane
ye true, but if a lot of people did good in their mocks and it didn't reflect the results from last years A level. The government can't really just dish out good results if they did good in their mocks. In my mocks when I was doing A level, I was getting As all across the board, even during small tests, rarely got Bs. It was just As and A*. Final exam came, things didnt turn out good lol. I dropped 2 3 grades in each subject. This stuff happens tbh. But you just dont know who it will happen too. People have the right to be mad, but not at the system. They are trying to do what they can.
TONKALES
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ibyghee)
ye true, but if a lot of people did good in their mocks and it didn't reflect the results from last years A level. The government can't really just dish out good results if they did good in their mocks. In my mocks when I was doing A level, I was getting As all across the board, even during small tests, rarely got Bs. It was just As and A*. Final exam came, things didnt turn out good lol. I dropped 2 3 grades in each subject. This stuff happens tbh. But you just dont know who it will happen too. People have the right to be mad, but not at the system. They are trying to do what they can.
The thing is how do you hand out fair results?

From what I know from reading up from it and being the situation;

10 People have the same grade, predicted the same grade those who are more fortunate (eg in independent schools) will get a higher grade.
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TONKALES)
The thing is how do you hand out fair results?

From what I know from reading up from it and being the situation;

10 People have the same grade, predicted the same grade those who are more fortunate (eg in independent schools) will get a higher grade.
ye alot of higher end schools got good grades because they generally get better grades overall, thats why alot of unis give lower grade requirments to schools who arent as higher class.
DarthRoar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seriously guys what's the alternative? If everyone in this year group is given their teacher-assigned grade, then grades will be massively higher on average than previous years. Obviously this year group is no more intelligent than other years, so giving everyone an A* for free would cause great anger.

Corona has been crap all-round, there is no perfect outcome. I'm more sorry for the poor sods who have just graduated and are trying to find a job in this situation.
Last edited by DarthRoar; 1 month ago
Worried_Dad
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Given all that’s been going on I’m amazed that ICL haven’t allowed any latitude. That’s very poor by them. Have you been in touch to ask why not?
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Then why TF did I get false grades (C C C) when I have been getting A B B/C? Truly inaccurate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (52)
13.65%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.39%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (143)
37.53%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (41)
10.76%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (73)
19.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.51%

Watched Threads